TUVAYHUN - Anyone checked this out?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I had a friend recommend this disc to me today. Here's the message:

Hey Jon
Have you heard this?
Stunningly beautiful performance and recording.
That is all

Hmm. I Googled it and it turns out its from the 2L Music Store. It comes with a 5.1 SACD and a BluRay with a 5.1 DTS Mix, a 7.1.4 Auro-3D mix, and a 7.1.4 Atmos mix! That's impressive.

I think I am going to check it out, as the friend has excellent taste.

I just wondered if anyone here has heard it, or maybe some of you might want to check it out.

Here's the link to the 2L web page for this release: TUVAYHUN — Beatitudes for a Wounded World

TUVAYHUN.jpg

Jayzuss!!! What kind of player can even handle that?!
I wonder the same thing about super-high def DSD too.
That audio is probably only meant to be routed through a PC with a huge interface. Normal PCs can handle it though given it's only 100mbps.
There are DACs on the market which can handle up to DSD512 that I've seen, but in stereo only. Now, I've not seen any true pure DSD recorded in rates higher than 256, all the DSD512 files on the market I know of are upsamples, but I could be wrong.

Now whether you can hear the difference or not is a separate issue...

If you like the music, buy it. The recording quality is outstanding and the 5.1 mix very good. As usual from 2l.no.
It depends on your personal taste of music to buy stuff from them. Quality of sound & mix are always top.

And the price is fair I have to say.

Physical product preferred of course;) .

I know this album well, and recommend it in Auro-3D (if that's an option :) ). This album, with great coordination from Morten at 2L, became the kickoff to our (NativeDSD website) introducing the concept of the discrete immersive category. These are files directly from the master recording, typically in DXD (32/352.8k), before they are encoded with immersive codecs (Atmos in 24/48 or Auro-3D in 24/96). These files require a dedicated 12+ channel dac (think Merging Hapi) to play back....but boy are they beautiful!! A niche of a niche of a niche, but state of the art.

I found it on Amazon for $26 so I just went and ordered it. Heck, I've spent more than that on a shitty box set with a crappy surround mix so many times I can't even count them. And with the physical media on hand, I can make a stick for the car and listen in there, which is where I do my most concentrated listening these days. It will get my full audio attention there.

I found it on Amazon for $26 so I just went and ordered it. Heck, I've spent more than that on a shitty box set with a crappy surround mix so many times I can't even count them. And with the physical media on hand, I can make a stick for the car and listen in there, which is where I do my most concentrated listening these days. It will get my full audio attention there.
2L's current release are among the most exciting, for me, these days. Along with the SDE Surround Series!!!

Back