Tweets from Andy P. re: Oranges and Lemons

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a database of my collection for that, along with photos to "prove" I'm not making it up!

Well I take pics of every new surround music acquisition.. it serves a neat dual purpose, I can post it here and so maybe give a nice reference point for QQ members to see the actual discs and packaging for when they are out shopping and of screenshots of menu's and so forth.. and it also serves as evidence I actually have these things.. :eek:

I'd heard that digital photography has certain info embedded now, apparently, apart from date stamps, I believe location info too, sounds useful for proof of purchase or rather ownership maybe.. though its really not my thing so that may all be hogwash.. either way, pics are helpful to the forum and there's that proof of ownership thing.. oh and I started keeping notes of each months purchases quite some years ago, including when, where and how much, I just wish life wasn't such a cheat and there was more time to do everything.. if I ever come back I hope I'm reincarnated as a Quaddy so I can pick up where I left off when I kick le bucket..! :D

It can if the photo app on your mobile (that you take the picture with) is allowed to know where you are.

Ah that'll be what I heard, thanks!
On my phone (surfing with the QQ aliens right now!) and all the pics I've submitted to this forum the last 6 years have been from my phone and iPad! Let's hear it for mobile technology! :worthy

Headphone Dust already have stock of XTC "Oranges and Lemons" and Gentle Giant "Octopus" and will start shipping these to overseas customers later this week in time for the official 30th October release date.

Headphone Dust already have stock of XTC "Oranges and Lemons" and Gentle Giant "Octopus" and will start shipping these to overseas customers later this week in time for the official 30th October release date.

Yay! I just discovered that I have had Oranges and Lemons on order from them for some time now. :rolleyes:

-- Jim the forgetful

This record is growing on me in YouTube.0
Hmmm...

That's accurate. "Oranges & Lemons" has definitely grown on me too over the last few years, like an orange tree. ;)
It used to not be in my top 5 favorite XTC albums (which consisted of "Drums & Wires", "Black Sea", "English Settlement", "Skylarking", and "Nonsuch") but I have since dropped "Black Sea" from my top 5 and inserted "Oranges & Lemons" into that top 5 instead.
You can bet that this disc will get a LOT of spins once it finally arrives! :)

Burning Shed are now beginning to pack the O&L Blu-Rays to ship next week, complete with the signed postcards from Colin Moulding! :)
CR2p_T8U8AAXLKi.jpg

Uh....meeee four!?!

The following items have been sent: 1 x XTC - Oranges And Lemons (cd/blu-ray preorder) and The following items will be sent separately: 1 x Yes - Fragile (cd/blu-ray preorder) goodie, goodie gumdrops!

Do you guys get a "item shipped" notice from Burning Shed? I don't...I only get the purchase confirmation......

I did, the message in my previous post was received yesterday.

Eh...I spoke too soon. Just checked email and I have a shipped notification from Burning Shed!! Yes, I love getting new music in the mail!!

Holy Crap, it's finally HERE!!!

SurroundedByCleverBrits.jpg

(Along with another old friend, hee!)

Ironically, I was sitting here listening to English Settlement when the postman knocked - I almost didn't hear him!

DVDA Extractor is digesting it as I type.

-- Jim (I guess I'm a bit excited about this one, heh.)

[EDIT] To DVDA Extractor users: I apologize for not filling in all the metadata for this disc on the database (whichever one they use?). I've only uploaded the titles for the surround tracks (waay down at the end, Title 14 I think). My excuses:

1. I'm supposed to be at work right now!
2. There is a buttload of titles on this disc!! Good Lord.

I'll come back to it when I can, or hopefully someone else will pick up my slack, heh.

Ohh, man...

Have you ever felt (as I have) that tunes like "The Garden Of Earthly Delights" had almost too much music to fit into 2 channels?

Well, you were right. :)

Well, Yippie-Ki-Yay QQ'ers! Oranges and Lemons was just placed in my grubby little hands!

XTC_Oranges and Lemons 5.1 & Postcard front 001.jpg
XTC_Oranges and Lemons 5.1 & postcard back 001.jpg
XTC_Oranges and Lemons 5.1 discs inside 001.jpg
XTC_Oranges and Lemons 5.1 F & B 001.jpg
XTC_Oranges and Lemons 5.1 book 001.jpg

Now Playing: XTC - Oranges and Lemons Blu-Ray DTS-HD Master 5.1

Attachments

• XTC_Oranges and Lemons 5.1 (2) 001.jpg
    XTC_Oranges and Lemons 5.1 (2) 001.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 170
  • XTC_Oranges and Lemons postcard 001.jpg
    XTC_Oranges and Lemons postcard 001.jpg