DVD/DTS Poll Ultravox - QUARTET [DTS DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS DVD of Ultravox - QUARTET

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2023 reissue of the classic 1982 album "Quartet" by Ultravox.
This 40th anniversary box set features a brand new 5.1 surround mix from Steven Wilson.

(y) :) (n)

61ieBefQ+FL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Uvox.png

Pre-release thread for all shipping/ordering queries and non-poll related posts:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...artet-steven-wilson-5-1-mix-out-in-may.33885/

I posted this to SHF and am being lazy and just putting here as well.

I just got this boxset on July 19th the and this is another fantastic mix by Steven Wilson. I was not disappointed at all as the 5.1 gives way more breath to all the music. The fidelity is again stellar and only thing that would have trumped it is if it had been given a complete lossless recording on a Dvda or on a bluray but what you get here on the dvdv is wonderful. It is a very fun listening experience and is now my go to listen for this title.
People can nit pick about different things but I have no complaint, job well done MR Wilson and of course Ultravox for initially putting this to tape over 40 years ago.
I was not familar with the 4 instrumental bonus tracks and very much enjoyed them being included in 5.1 as well.
The extra stuff on cd I will get to at some point hopefully but the bulk of my listening will be with the jewel of this release which is the 5.1 surround.

This is another 10 in my books as I can't see how this would sound much better than what we get here. Now bring on Lament which is my favorite album but the 3 albums done by SW so far have all been outstanding.

Like everyone else has said SW has done yet ANOTHER stellar remix!!!! This is one of my top two Ultravox albums (the other being the hopefully next SW project "Lament") and "Quartet" is a real winner. 10+

Random Thought ....... And unlike the upcoming "Who's Next" box set this set is AFFORDABLE ...... just saying. šŸ˜

I just got this boxset on July 19th the and this is another fantastic mix by Steven Wilson. I was not disappointed at all as the 5.1 gives way more breath to all the music. The fidelity is again stellar...
I couldn't agree more. Not only is the surround effect fun and involving, but the EQ is massively improved from the original stereo mix - songs like "Reap The Wild Wind" and "Hymn" sounded kind of bland and unexciting to me on the old LP, but in this version they really leap out the speakers and grab your attention. The drums & bass sound just fantastic. I think it might be the best remix in this series thus far.
https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/quartet-40th-anniversary-deluxe-edition-ultravox-5-1-surround-sound/

I've enjoyed all the Ultravox remixes released so far, and I have also played multiple times the live concerts included with the box sets. I really like the remix of Quartet and the live concert is quite a good one.
The original mix is decent but I prefer the remix. I don't really know how this could be improved (if not with an Atmos mix!) so I am going to vote 10. I will keep buying any forthcoming Ultravox box set.

Back