Upcoming Nektar Tab in the Ocean in quad

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked my A Tab in the Ocean LP, and it is a British copy on United Artists. Any thoughts as to whether it might be SQ or not. I have a Tate, but my quad system is all took apart to do some room renovations. If the UA release is SQ that would be very cool because this copy doesn't even look like it has ever been played. Still haven't got my Remastered Remember the Future from the website yet ... back-ordered by Nektar ... the story of my life. Take care, Mike.

The UA British release of Tab in the Ocean with the gatefold sleeve is the original stereo mix. The Passport American lp was released about 5 years later, it is not a gatefold lp, and is a complete remix of the album. This is the quad version, as it was done at the time that RTF and Down to Earth were out, both of them unmarked SQ quads. The original UA lp of Tab is generally preferred by Nektar fans due to the deeper sound and somewhat spacier feel. I find that it decodes better in an RM mode on most decoders, but I decode everything through the SQ setting on my Tate, and it gives me a nice ambient surround. The Passport version of Tab has a much more radical quad effect, I think it is one of the better quad albums in my collection in terms of the mixing and how the sounds are distinct in the various speakers.

Thanks again Sandy. I got it for US$7.00 ... I still have not received the Remember the Future CD I ordered from the Nektar website. They are in contact though, seems they had a good sale run over the holidays. Cheers, Mike.

Back