What does S.F.C.S. stand for on JVC 4VR5445

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xdevo1973

Hello out there,

I aquired quite a while ago the above mentioned 4 channel receiver with a feature named S.F.C.S. Although this receiver has no on-board decoders, this feature is a lot of fun, sounding somewhat like the Hafler OOPS effect.

Does anyone know what S.F.C.S. stood for and what type of enhancement was being used?

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks so much.

"simulated four channel system"
quote from brochure...
Packed with the latest of JVC's developments it's a 4-channel amplifier which leads the way in sound. S.F.C.S (JVC's simulated four-channel system),

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Still it is fun even if it's not real real. I still like the way my Heathkit Stereo 4 decoder does wild things with stereo, especially on FM....the other night I heard "Stormy" by the Classics IV on WOGL FM Philadelphia and it came close to sounding way discreet! I think I may get it on CD now to see if I can replicate it.

In an old JVC brochre of mine SFCS is short for "Sound Field Composer System" under the MCA-V9E amplifier, while for e.g. the 4VR-5445 it is described as short for "Simulated Four Channel System". Anyone fancy a nice PDF of that brochure? Drop me a note.

-rk

@rolvkarsten:
the 5445 you can see in the JVC catalog from 1973.

1973tl4.jpg

regards, JVC_Graz

Back