What is happening on tompetty.com in 22 hours?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is a bad sign....the Petty group was very surround friendly and this would have been a great opportunity to get these last recordings out in a mega box set...and they didn't think it was worthwhile....check this out

Why do you say that? It's all out takes and live stuff, right?

Are you saying it all could have been included as bonus material in a box set which would have also included 5.1 studio remixes?

Or are you saying this material could have been mixed in 5.1 and released along with the stereo version?

I'm not sure its an issue if its the latter scenario. And IIRC none of the Petty 5.1 releases included any bonus material anyway.

that's a cool illustration of him on the countdown page

excellent use (IMO) of yin/yang positive/negative space

Tcdndesclk.jpg

"The custom cover artwork for An American Treasure was created by prominent American artist Shepard Fairey from an image of Petty by renowned photographer Mark Seliger."

One of the best and most-played CD box sets I have is Petty's Playback I got on sale cheap from the old BMG club.
The wife likes it too, and spins it in her car sometimes.

Nice that there are 2 or 4 CD versions without the hardcover book priced reasonably.
I'll happily listen to this in fake 5.1, like I do 98% of my collection.

:51QQ

"The custom cover artwork for An American Treasure was created by prominent American artist Shepard Fairey from an image of Petty by renowned photographer Mark Seliger."

you literally just destroyed everything I like about art

puke, knowing a thief produced it, should have known better http://www.art-for-a-change.com/Obey/

(even though I like Shepard's covers) but could not respect them in any way

tom-petty-shepard-fairey.jpg

Why do you say that? It's all out takes and live stuff, right?

Are you saying it all could have been included as bonus material in a box set which would have also included 5.1 studio remixes?

Or are you saying this material could have been mixed in 5.1 and released along with the stereo version?

I'm not sure its an issue if its the latter scenario. And IIRC none of the Petty 5.1 releases included any bonus material anyway.

The problem is that most of the speculation revolved around a Wildflowers release...and that was the 5.1 mix that was anticipated..and these "outtakes" were to be included to comprise a mega box set...they seem to have gone half way by including a 52 page box with a bunch of outtakes...but no Wildflowers included...

It just seems incomplete to have a 52 page book with a bunch of outtakes...when most Petty fans expected Wildflowers in some format...and yet there is none...

Back