What Test LP do you use/recommend?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrat

I got a new "table for the living room and I am going to do the set up myself so I am in need of, currently available would be good lab 440.jpg

I calibrated my setup with assistance from HiFi News Analog Test LP (The Producers Cut) and Cardas Frequency Sweep and burn-in record. Everything is pretty dialed in. I think I remember the 2 tone resonance tests being the most difficult to nail. Both those and being able to track the full 15db tracking tests at all 3 spots (start, middle, end of side) require a pretty critical setting of the tracking force. (I can't remember what that was. Probably 1.something gram. Maybe pushing towards 2 and I think this is expected from these Benz Micro cartridges. This was all some years ago now.)

Benz Micro MC-3, Linn Basik LV-X, AR Model E, Mark Levinson No. 28. All Ebay snipes years ago. Very much a "scavenger's special" system! The table isolates. No feedback of any kind. I could literally jump up and down in the room hard. The tonearm is also kind of low budget and was barely able to be adjusted into calibration. Absolute PITA. Would not recommend. Surely what made this hard! Got it there though. Not sure what I would put together specifically if money were no object.

Back