Whats old is new again.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4slinger

QQ Supporter
I was in high school when Quad came and went, and now at least to me, its new again.
My interest in vintage audio has grown over the last few years and was recently lucky enough to save a Kenwood KA-8044 in very good condition (and some other vintage gear) from the electronics recycler.
Kenwood Quadrix I had never heard of and was surprised to see a spring reverb inside this unit. Cleaned the pots and dust out, replaced the burned out meter lights with green LED's, hooked it up and yes, it works. Has developed a noise in the rear so I will be taking it to a vintage audio tech that I use frequently. The big thing is I am surprised that it sounds good and the rear separation is as good as it is, I run my TV through it at the moment.
So starts another vintage audio journey as I am looking at more Quad gear now than stereo gear, if partly because the regular stereo is priced so damn high these days.
Will be looking to learn alot more here.
Thanks all.

Great to have you aboard, resident of 67701 in the great state of Kansas.

woo.jpg

Back