What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fischer's Mahler 7th (brand-new), Aimard's complete Messiaen Catalogue d'Oiseaux (fairly recent), Auryn's Schubert Quintet in C (even though it's a Blu-Ray, I'm sneaking it in here because I think it had an earlier DVDA release), and Reiner's Scheherezade.

The first 3 from Presto Classical (the Fischer was on sale), the last--part of the 3-channel series, not straight stereo--just $9.99 sealed at big river.

Let us know what you think about the Boulez in particular as Jonathan’s sterling reputation is on the line!

Regarding the Boulez disc, I can assure you that the reputation of sjcorne (a.k.a. Jonathan) continues to soar into the high altitudes of legendary status. Full review of the disc forthcoming in the poll...well, eventually...along with Billy Paul, Poco, Chase, Montenegro, Mancini, etcetera...

Firebird : Tomita (Hybrid MultiCh SACD),
Rhapsody For Now! : Doc Severinsen (Hybrid MultiCh SACD),
Concerto For Orchestra : Boulez Conducts Bartók (Hybrid MultiCh SACD),
Stokowski Conducts Bach & Wagner (Hybrid MultiCh SACD).

View attachment 40161

View attachment 40162
That Stokowski surprised me how much I enjoyed it, might I say another Bobby Dazzler from D-V.:SB

Back