What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Technically, DS isn't a DVD-A (even though there is a Blu-Ray available for it), which is why I didn't buy it, but since WHBWH is a DVD-A with a Steven Wilson 5.1 mix, that's why I bought it. I haven't played it that much, but when I have, it's always been an enjoyable listening experience for me. :)

Oo... You right! DS are un DVD-V! Hopefully DTS.

Aye thanks for the help. It is indeed a great disc, even the original stereo version has great sonics. I only recently had the chance to hear the DVDa and was blown away. I so need this. :)

There is no stereo version on the dvd-audio disk except in AC3. Are you talking about a CD?

image.jpg

Thanks for the recommendations on QQ for this one (y) Great compilation and it sounds pretty darned good in DTS 5.1!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 184
Well, the only DVD-V thread I can find says no 5.1 albums in the title, so musical DVD-Vs seem orphaned!

Don't feel bad...all these different threads are unnecessary..I've done the same thing many times on here..I've gotten to the point that I don't even post on them anymore...I'm tired of someone rushing on here and letting me know that it's not a DVD-A..or it's not this..or not that...btw..if you don't want to face the wrath of the DVD droids...you can always post it HERE...it's a free zone about anything music related...

You are aware there is a DVD-Audio version of this (what you posted is a DVD-Video video collection with DTS sound).

Oops, of course you're right, my bad. There is an audio only option on the menu for 5.1 DTS without video. Regardless, that's not taking away from my enjoyment. ;)

Here is the thread that is proper for 5.1 DVD-V albums (NOT DVD's w/VIDEO): https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...test-NO-Video-DVD-V-DVD-A-Blu-Ray-A-or-SACD-s

It is sometimes confusing as to where to post. These categorizations are there to help find a thread when looking for an album on a particular format. If someone is interested in a particular album ONLY on a single format, this makes life easier.

Well, the only DVD-V thread I can find says no 5.1 albums in the title, so musical DVD-Vs seem orphaned!

Here is the thread that is proper for 5.1 DVD-V albums (NOT DVD's w/VIDEO): https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...test-NO-Video-DVD-V-DVD-A-Blu-Ray-A-or-SACD-s

It is sometimes confusing as to where to post. These categorizations are there to help find a thread when looking for an album on a particular format. If someone is interested in a particular album ONLY on a single format, this makes life easier.

So on the thread you mentioned Linda, there is to be NO video on the DVD-V? The Tom Cochrane disc has video, but also a separate audio only section with 5.1 DTS in 48khz. But because of the videos as well, I shouldn't post there? I also see I can post SACDs there, as well as here? I confuse easily! :mad:@:

So on the thread you mentioned Linda, there is to be NO video on the DVD-V? The Tom Cochrane disc has video, but also a separate audio only section with 5.1 DTS in 48khz. But because of the videos as well, I shouldn't post there? I also see I can post SACDs there, as well as here? I confuse easily! :mad:@:

Check out Post #1 in that thread. That should clear it up for you.

IF it's a 5.1 DVD-V record album, it needs to be on the linked thread, even if they included videos of the singles. It's based on what the disc primarily is. Beach Boys' Endless Harmony DVD-V would NOT belong on that thread, since it is primarily a movie. The 5.1 mixes are bonus material.

Check out Post #1 in that thread. That should clear it up for you.

image.jpg image.jpg

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - The Piano Quartets (DVD-A)

The Gaede Trio Series Vol. VIII

Back