wherehouse.com (FYE) price gouging

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
wherehouse_ripoff.jpg
I like the way the FYE are closing down. Good riddance.

(note: FYE and wherehouse.com are the same company - TWEC)

Last edited:
they suck! We had a local guy open a store in the mall in the same wing as FYE, and he sold used music, lp's - etc.
FYE complained to the mall, about the little guy taking business and the mall obilged them by booting the little guy out!
so it's just what they need. a little karma!

That's not typical; if there's a sought after disc you'll see that sometimes. I avoid these.

I use Wherehouse 20/25/30% off coupons on a regular basis, works for me.

I have purchased hundreds of discs from F.Y.E./Wherehouse.com/Secondspin.com and the other various affiliated companies and have no complaints. Of course I only buy items priced to my liking and there are so few music stores remaining in business, I sure hope FYE manages to survive. Despite the alleged gouging, the company can not make a profit and I consider it very unlikely F.Y.E. will still be in business in two years.

I have purchased hundreds of discs from F.Y.E./Wherehouse.com/Secondspin.com and the other various affiliated companies and have no complaints. Of course I only buy items priced to my liking and there are so few music stores remaining in business, I sure hope FYE manages to survive. Despite the alleged gouging, the company can not make a profit and I consider it very unlikely F.Y.E. will still be in business in two years.

I can't possibly see how an FYE can survive. While the concept of the "mall store" is something I definitely miss from being younger, as well as my own Peaches employee days, they simply cannot compete with the price point they have to sell at, lack of real backcatalog, and retail space. I look at an FYE at this point and see a relic, not something sustainable.

If I thought anyone could survive in the US, it was the Virgin/HNM/Tower types, and those are long gone as well.

If I thought anyone could survive in the US, it was the Virgin/HNM/Tower types, and those are long gone as well.
TWEC did try to buy Tower but got out-bid by the liquidator.

Here's an excellent gouge on a common used item from secondspin.com (same company)

Attachments

• kind_of_overpriced_small.jpg
    kind_of_overpriced_small.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 109
Well, looks like someone bought Kind Of Blue used for $69.99.

Amazing! I just sold one on an auction site and only pulled in $21 for it.

The Time Out SACD secondspin/wherehouse had for $32.99 has apparently been sold also, probably to the same person since they both got sold at about the same time.

WE know how to shop and some people don't. I see prices from Amazon sellers like this too. Gentle Giant CDs were OOP for a year or tow and that was hilarious.

I wonder who the sucker was who bought the Gloria Estefan "SACD" from wherehouse.com/secondspin.com today. They will be receiving a standard CD, the same one I just sent back to them a couple of weeks ago.

Back