• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

RCA Cables / Connectors for Closely Spaced Input Jacks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LB-V

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
General question...I have been using some old, relatively cheap RCA cables bought from Radio Shack a very long time ago, for connecting my Tate 101A. I use them because they have a relatively small outside diameter on the connector, i.e. not a thick rubber. The Tate has very narrowly spaced input and output jacks.

I would like to replace the cheap ones with a reasonably priced upgrade, plus I need more similar for a second Tate, and I'm also needing some of different lengths than I have now.

Does anybody have a recommended RCA make that would be good for input jacks that are very close together, as on a Tate?

Thank you for any guidance!!

General question...I have been using some old, relatively cheap RCA cables bought from Radio Shack a very long time ago, for connecting my Tate 101A. I use them because they have a relatively small outside diameter on the connector, i.e. not a thick rubber. The Tate has very narrowly spaced input and output jacks.

I would like to replace the cheap ones with a reasonably priced upgrade, plus I need more similar for a second Tate, and I'm also needing some of different lengths than I have now.

Does anybody have a recommended RCA make that would be good for input jacks that are very close together, as on a Tate?

Thank you for any guidance!!
That is what drives my crazy about the Tate 101A.

I was able the replace the input jacks on mine with better quality ones, they are spaced a bit farther apart than the outputs. I can use any sized cable there now. I would like to replace the outputs jacks and tape monitor jacks as well but that would entail enlarging the slots for the jacks or drilling more holes. So that job is on the backburner, maybe for good. For output cables you are mostly stuck with the cheap garden variety cables.

I do like to use Monster Car Audio, Interlink 101XLN cables, the plugs are narrow enough. Princess Auto was selling them in various lengths for bargain prices. The supply has has mostly dried up, you can find some on eBay for exorbitant prices.

101xln-643.jpg

Back