Whitney in quad?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gvl_guy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Greenville, SC (via NJ, Philly, ATL & SoFL)
no, not that Whitney.

This is the US alt rock/pop band called Whitney and the album is a 2022 release called Spark. I searched this board, but didn't see anything. Maybe I missed it.

Although most of the Discog listings are listed as "stereo," a "club edition" in black and white vinyl shows it's Quad with a sticker on the front. No other mention, at least from the scans on Discogs, show anything about it being quadraphonic. Seems odd that only one pressing with just a sticker would have been mixed in quad.

Anyone have more information? I'm going to write to the record company to see if they can help.

https://www.discogs.com/release/24495002-Whitney-Spark

no, not that Whitney.

This is the US alt rock/pop band called Whitney and the album is a 2022 release called Spark. I searched this board, but didn't see anything. Maybe I missed it.

Although most of the Discog listings are listed as "stereo," a "club edition" in black and white vinyl shows it's Quad with a sticker on the front. No other mention, at least from the scans on Discogs, show anything about it being quadraphonic. Seems odd that only one pressing with just a sticker would have been mixed in quad.

Anyone have more information? I'm going to write to the record company to see if they can help.

https://www.discogs.com/release/24495002-Whitney-Spark
I believe they're probably just referring to the Quad type pattern on the black & white LP.

1673561593924.png

Please let us know if they respond, could be interesting :smokin
Of course, if they respond at all, i will refer them to the Involve Audio site and 'splain how there are hundreds of members on this board alone that would buy their album and find out more about their music, just because they encode their record. 🙂

Back