YES - Tales From Topographic Oceans 5.1 - Reality

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One great thing will be listening to it without having to change discs. I'm also remembering when I first had it, it was an 8-track, and what a pain in the ass that was listening to it with the program changes. Still, I fell in love with it at about 13 years old. Even today I'd have to say it's damn near my favorite of theirs, with Close To The Edge and Fragile mixing in for the top 3 spots.

Hope you're on the mend.

Only 5 copies, you need to acquire some more lupins!

Hola to everybody. I remain in Colombia, South America....long story... Ive been under the weather...

Thanks so much to RT and everybody!!!!!!!!!

I am stunned. Tales is profoundly personal to me. I dont have any words. I will take a vow of silence and wait
until the postman delivers my five copies.

Even though I continue typing, I still have no words. To get five classic YES masterworks in 5.1 by Steven Wilson is
a dream come true.

Wow.

I retain all of my silly & pithy thoughts, its just that they are no use to me here. We stand on hallowed ground me mates.
Hallowed Ground indeed.

DMJ

Is the live version of Ritual mixed in 5.1?

I'll be curious to see the selection process on this title... I constantly see requests for DVD-A's...and now you can have it...OR do these same people want the blu ray option....for me it's easy...the blu ray option..

I ordered both versions, for these reasons:
1) The DVDA will work in the Acura, has better (digipack) packaging, and it's easier to make backup digital files than Blu-Ray.
2) The Blu-Ray has more content and high-res visual graphics.

Overall, this is my preference in terms of release formats:
1) CD+Blu-Ray (larger storage capacity for more content, plus high-res graphics and video content)
2) CD+DVD-A/V (plays in the Acura, best for making backup digital files, video content)
3) Hybrid SACD
4) CD+DVD-V

More promo:
Cn_mSx7XEAAFgPl.jpg:large

:)

Hola to everybody. I remain in Colombia, South America....long story... Ive been under the weather...

Thanks so much to RT and everybody!!!!!!!!!

I am stunned. Tales is profoundly personal to me. I dont have any words. I will take a vow of silence and wait
until the postman delivers my five copies.

Even though I continue typing, I still have no words. To get five classic YES masterworks in 5.1 by Steven Wilson is
a dream come true.

Wow.

I retain all of my silly & pithy thoughts, its just that they are no use to me here. We stand on hallowed ground me mates.
Hallowed Ground indeed.

DMJ

Is the live version of Ritual mixed in 5.1?

Finally we get both our castles in heaven! ;)

I really wish the Blu Rays would be SEPARATE to CDS. I am not interested in CDS whatsoever, yet have to pay for them. Ridiculous. Bundling these together is a joke.

I have noticed a big price increase in these surround remixes this year especially.
Yes - Tales is over $40
The Floyd box - don't need to mention
There are other issues I have had to say no to as I don't have unlimited funds.

If they put out these such surround music at a decent price I'd probably buy most of it.

I have noticed a big price increase in these surround remixes this year especially.
Yes - Tales is over $40
The Floyd box - don't need to mention
There are other issues I have had to say no to as I don't have unlimited funds.

If they put out these such surround music at a decent price I'd probably buy most of it.

Obviously I'm not going to try and defend the Pink Floyd set, but when it comes to "Tales from Topographic Oceans", there's a very good and practical reason why it's more expensive than the other Yes releases, which is that it's twice as long as all the other Yes albums!
So of course it's going to be a little more expensive, but having said that, I don't think $30 USD is that outrageous at all for 2 CDs and 2 DVDs, and I don't think $36 USD is that outrageous at all for 3 CDs and a Blu-Ray disc, especially considering the wealth of material contained on these discs.
(FYI, these prices include shipping for a total amount.)

Unfortunately Australians get the short end of the stick!
$30US + $8 US postage x 25% exchange difference

Bring on Amazon.au that sells CDs etc

I really wish the Blu Rays would be SEPARATE to CDS. I am not interested in CDS whatsoever, yet have to pay for them. Ridiculous. Bundling these together is a joke.
You do realize that you are in a vanishingly small minority, right? Most of us who enjoy surround sound also enjoy stereo, especially when on-the-go, and CDs are still the most accessible physical media for "uncompressed" digital audio distribution. Is bundling a bit of a money grab? Yes, but, then again, for the majority of us who do want CDs as well as A/V discs, the total package is likely to be cheaper this way and definitely physically more compact and convenient.

I have fasted from this album for years, keeping my ears and brain fresh for multiple plays of the surround version. The Shed has my money now and a autumnal listening feast awaits! :sun

You do realize that you are in a vanishingly small minority, right? Most of us who enjoy surround sound also enjoy stereo, especially when on-the-go, and CDs are still the most accessible physical media for "uncompressed" digital audio distribution. Is bundling a bit of a money grab? Yes, but, then again, for the majority of us who do want CDs as well as A/V discs, the total package is likely to be cheaper this way and definitely physically more compact and convenient.

I completely agree, especially since in this instance, the CD/DVDA-V and CD/Blu-Ray sets are the only releases of Steven Wilson's stereo remix. No digital downloads or streaming for any of these Yes remixes, probably because Panegyric was not allowed to distribute the remixes in those forms, and as you have pointed out, not all of us can enjoy surround audio in the car, so when on the go, stereo still rules, and ripping a CD is still much easier than ripping a DVD-A/V or Blu-Ray.
Plus, I think surround audio still has a better survival rate when packaged in affordable sets with CDs because they are still the biggest selling physical format.

Can anyone confirm what the BluRay & CDs Amazon uk link is?
All the links say 1 disc !
I'm guessing the BluRay is the most expensive one?

Can anyone confirm what the BluRay & CDs Amazon uk link is?
All the links say 1 disc !
I'm guessing the BluRay is the most expensive one?

There are currently two links that I believe are placeholders for the Blu Ray and DVD-A packages respectively. There are no details but the release date is set at Sept. 26th. I imagine prices will align nearer the time...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tales-Topographic-Oceans-Yes/dp/B01J3JWTIE/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tales-Topographic-Oceans-Yes/dp/B01J3JVHAK/

This is the amazon ASIN for the Blu-Ray version: B01J3JWTIE
This is the ASIN for the DVD-A/V version: B01J3JVHAK

This comes from the official Yes website.
Just plug those ASIN #s to the amazon store of your choice to see how much each store is offering these sets for.

:)

Back