YES - Tales From Topographic Oceans 5.1 - Reality

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am both discrete AND discreet...winkwink, nudgenudge....youknowwhatImean?....

Oh do stop being FAS-cetious...!!! :p

nudge_nudge_monty_python.jpeg

Naahh, I'm just FAS-tidious!!!

Anyway.. quoting Mad Magazine; "the same gang of (us) idiots" are also in the "Radical Action" disc....right, my dear Adam???....

Naahh, I'm just FAS-tidious!!!

Anyway.. quoting Mad Magazine; "the same gang of (us) idiots" are also in the "Radical Action" disc....right, my dear Adam???....

Haha.. this here idiot yes! (Are we allowed to mention any of it?) Sorry, not being a KC fanatic haven't got a clue what info is out there already about these releases (I know you love them Kap! got nothing against them I've just never investigated their music.. yet.. the few things I have in surround on DVD-A; Red, Lizard, etc have v. much enjoyed).. some great stuff on the RCs, all new to me and I knew nothing about the band or their various incarnations etc., was interesting learning about that phase of the group while testing and seeing & hearing the great musicianship on display.

I was just reading Chris Squire's wiki page and saw this quote from him:

Squire described his playing on "The Remembering (High the Memory)" from Tales from Topographic Oceans (1973) as "one of the nicest things I think I've ever played"

I've held off from listening to this album for quite a while in anticipation of this new release, and that has me even more excited for it. I have a really strong feeling that it will ship tomorrow or Monday at the latest. I'm more excited to get this than anything in a very long time. :)

What beauty! I have to say that I'm now starting to get really anxious for this release! :)
(Photo courtesy of Sid Smith)
14449012_10155820459133504_8428207651742438885_n.jpg

I was just reading Chris Squire's wiki page and saw this quote from him:

Squire described his playing on "The Remembering (High the Memory)" from Tales from Topographic Oceans (1973) as "one of the nicest things I think I've ever played"

I've held off from listening to this album for quite a while in anticipation of this new release, and that has me even more excited for it. I have a really strong feeling that it will ship tomorrow or Monday at the latest. I'm more excited to get this than anything in a very long time. :)

Two things.(One will be of no value to you whatsoever, but to me its quite special.:sun. The next point you may in fact find quite useful.)

The Remembering has always been my favorite side of Tales, in fact when I had the LP I ignored the numbering on the label and I always thought that it was the first song. It has a beautiful yet subtle build and since it starts in the past, it always seemed a logical opening piece to a work of this magnitude. Its totally righteous to know that this piece was dear to Chris Squire. It is a magnificent composition and a perfect example of something that is indescribable and must be experienced to be beheld. Steve Howe's mixture of classical and 12-string acoustic guitar work is breathtaking and simply out of this world.

Second, the sets will ship on September 27(if you ordered from Steven Wilson's Headphone Dust) according to the always delightful Sirendurai at Steven's store. Over the years she has responded to my emails basically instantly even when its night time over there. I feel privileged to purchase direct from Steven Wilson to show my love and support of his work. :music

P.S. I will humbly submit that this will be the greatest single surround release ever. :music
Although I admit I could be just a wee bit biased in the matter.(y)

Two things.(One will be of no value to you whatsoever, but to me its quite special.:sun. The next point you may in fact find quite useful.)

The Remembering has always been my favorite side of Tales, in fact when I had the LP I ignored the numbering on the label and I always thought that it was the first song. It has a beautiful yet subtle build and since it starts in the past, it always seemed a logical opening piece to a work of this magnitude. Its totally righteous to know that this piece was dear to Chris Squire. It is a magnificent composition and a perfect example of something that is indescribable and must be experienced to be beheld. Steve Howe's mixture of classical and 12-string acoustic guitar work is breathtaking and simply out of this world.

Second, the sets will ship on September 27(if you ordered from Steven Wilson's Headphone Dust) according to the always delightful Sirendurai at Steven's store. Over the years she has responded to my emails basically instantly even when its night time over there. I feel privileged to purchase direct from Steven Wilson to show my love and support of his work. :music

P.S. I will humbly submit that this will be the greatest single surround release ever. :music
Although I admit I could be just a wee bit biased in the matter.(y)

Actually, I quite enjoyed your reminisces Dennis. :upthumb

As far as the shipping, I ordered from Burning Shed and the release date shown on there is October 6th. Based on my last purchase from them (King Crimson's Monkey Mind), it took 11 days from shipment until arrival, so in order for me to receive Tales on or about Oct 6th, they would need to ship it out by about Sept 26th, this coming Monday. Either way, hopefully we should all have it in our hands within about two weeks! :banana:

I'm sure it will be a great surround mix. Steven Wilson just seems to get better and better with each new surround release, and he worked on this one for 3 years! :yikes :worthy

I just noticed that the release date on Burning Shed switched from Oct 6th to Oct 7th since last night, which is the same date that's been listed on Headphone Dust for a little while. No biggie, just thought I'd post it. I keep checking to see if it's shipped about 3 or 4 times a day. :eek:

Hmm. My U.S. banded promo album has visual bands, and track times on the label, but all the music plays through without any silence. I never knew there were two version of the promo album.

J. D.

Back