Ok, Pick Just ONE title you REALLY, REALLY WANT IN MC(with conditions)....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never for Ever, by Kate Bush.

Without a doubt.

I think I would probably die after listening to this one. That's when I discovered there's music in the world other than the Beatles when I was 15 or so. Listening to this album always takes me back to some very special places...

I went back to page 1 of this thread to see that in 2008 posts 3, 4 and 5 selected Yes - Close to the Edge, Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick and Pink Floyd -wish you were here. We have all of those now.

I've always wanted Mike Rutherford's Smallcreep's Day done in surround. That and Tony Banks's A Curious feeling which I snapped up when that was done.

In reserve would be an album that I always like to listen to with headphones which is Orbital - In Sides, the layering on that would lend itself nicely to a 5.1 mix.

Others have mentioned the Cocteau Twins, Marillion and Kate Bush.

Tool Lateralus. A complex prog rock/metal album that has so much going on it would probably kill in surround!

Never for Ever, by Kate Bush.

Without a doubt.

I think I would probably die after listening to this one. That's when I discovered there's music in the world other than the Beatles when I was 15 or so. Listening to this album always takes me back to some very special places...

Yep, I would love to hear all of Kate's old work redone properly.

Let me chime in with something a bit different. How about any of the fine Clannad recordings? Say maybe Macalla, although to be honest I love all their work.

Let me chime in with something a bit different. How about any of the fine Clannad recordings? Say maybe Macalla, although to be honest I love all their work.

Or Enya - Watermark??? The layers in surround would be amazing....

Or Enya - Watermark??? The layers in surround would be amazing....

True, I am very surprised that Enya's music isn't being reworked. Still I think Maire is the true talent of the family but both of them are amazing. Enya I have to be in the mood for. Clannad would compete with Porcupine Tree if I could only listen to one band...

Some good choices here, all British: Kate, Clannad, Enya. HOUNDS OF LOVE would be most fine, and Enya's work could use some work anyway, since the stereo sound is often so condensed and layered one wants to hear what's among the buried.

ED :)

Sorry for being the FREAAAAAKKKKK!!!! But , if we're gonna go Kate's way, I KNOW most will prefer HOL...but the most BANG for your buck is..
THE DREAMING!!!!!

Steven, are you there???

Sorry for being the FREAAAAAKKKKK!!!! But , if we're gonna go Kate's way, I KNOW most will prefer HOL...but the most BANG for your buck is..
THE DREAMING!!!!!

Steven, are you there???

Steven had Kate on his play list about 6 weeks ago. So maybe...

My pick: Supertramp - Crime of the Century (Are you listening UMG?)
(I know its only one pick but: Spirit - 12 Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus and Pink Floyd - Meddle too)

I'd love to listen in surround any of loreena mckennitt's albums and, above all, the mask and the mirror...

Loreena, Enya, Katya...too bad they're not inclined, huh?

For me, if it's Supertramp, BREAKFAST IN AMERICA would be the logical choice if only because it sparkles in stereo and has enough going on to make a surround mix worth the time...I find CRIME to be more erratic, though it has its moments.

Safe to say, however, that if Mr. Wilson expressed an interest and caught an artist's attention, well, who knows? So far he's done some little wonders, and who would have thought we'd get much of anything in these digital download days?

I'd love to get Blizzard of Ozz or Diary of a Madman in surround. More specifically, I'd like Randy's guitar parts separated so that we can clearly hear each one.

Gerry Rafferty - City To City

If only the piano on Whatever's Written In Your Heart was recorded with multiple mics the same way as Rick Wright's piano on DSOTM.

For me, if it's Supertramp, BREAKFAST IN AMERICA would be the logical choice if only because it sparkles in stereo and has enough going on to make a surround mix worth the time...I find CRIME to be more erratic, though it has its moments. Safe to say, however, that if Mr. Wilson expressed an interest and caught an artist's attention, well, who knows? So far he's done some little wonders, and who would have thought we'd get much of anything in these digital download days?

Ed did you mean Breakfast in America-would be the Logical Song :)
BAF would be excellent,it is chock full of hit after hit, in fact to many hits as in its heydey I did not listen to it very much as the songs were played on the radio way to much.

I really like 'Even in the Quietest Moments' as well, Fools Overture would sound very cool in lossless surround.

peter

I'd love to listen in surround any of loreena mckennitt's albums and, above all, the mask and the mirror...

Some of Loreena's albums were erroneously labeled as Dolby Digital advanced resolution surround. They were only stereo. I felt seriously ripped off. I should have known, though, since there was no DVD-Audio logo on the cover, but I was just so glad to find something supposedly in surround I swallowed it whole. A letter to the record company went unanswered.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that somewhere in this thread some people would have already gone for The Wall and Animals (the latter would be my preference, though more unlikely to happen), so I'm going to go for Mars Volta - Frances The Mute. Now that would be an amazing and energetic listen!

I'm guessing that somewhere in this thread some people would have already gone for The Wall and Animals (the latter would be my preference, though more unlikely to happen), so I'm going to go for Mars Volta - Frances The Mute. Now that would be an amazing and energetic listen!

Yeah. This is a great one

You know another artist who has a unique sound that I would love to hear in a surround format is Bat For Lashes. Her voice is pure heaven and the music itself is a pure treat. She's done 3 albums so far and seems to get better each time.

Back