Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...and watching...Dream Theater...Live At Budokan blu ray

image.jpg

Bob Marley - Legend (30th anniversary 5.1 blu-ray). At last I received it, it took almost to weeks to come from the UK. I'm liking what I'm listening, just had to decrease the subwoofer volume or my neighbours would have killed me!
Superb quality and nice mix, but it lacks the WOW impression I had with TDB. And now to continue paying full attention to the music!

haha...me too...

Bob Marley...Legend .blu ray 30th anniv. 5.1

BUT...it is very much a WOW moment for me. got my 103D a day early and is proving a MAJOR difference in audio quality...just freakin AWESOME! woohoooo :51banana:

haha...me too...

Bob Marley...Legend .blu ray 30th anniv. 5.1

BUT...it is very much a WOW moment for me. got my 103D a day early and is proving a MAJOR difference in audio quality...just freakin AWESOME! woohoooo :51banana:

Seems like one of the few benefits to "being late to the party" is less issues with universal players (y)

Bob Marley - Legend (30th anniversary 5.1 blu-ray).

My second listen-through right now. I'm really digging this mix!

I understand how some are unhappy with the studio version of "No Woman, No Cry", though I hadn't heard the studio version in a long time, so that was satisfying in itself. I would have to agree that the live version has become the defining version of this song, something only the magic of a live performance can achieve at times. I wonder if the decision to go with the studio track might have had more to do with what the available master audio tapes had to provide or lacked in the live version to adapt themselves to a surround mix?

Regardless, this disc reggae rocks!!

Gentle Giant - The Power and The Glory - Blu Ray 5.1: terrific mix and visuals take it even higher. Another dream comes true.

From QQ deep space

Elton John...GYBR .BDA

yippie! just got shipping notice for Allman Bros Live 1971 Fillmore...... :banana:

update edit.....Tom Petty Hypnotic Eye is now shipping too! wow....awesome year to be initiated in surround...

Last edited:
Subhuman - Recoil (DTS DVD-V).

Wow! I'm enjoying this! Lots of synthy, electronic, gothy, new age, bluesy, soulful, arty, dramatic stuff.. v.decent surround mix with definite discrete elements in rear and some round the room panning (which I'm always a sucker for) but also a big double stereo effect that turns on a dime and suddenly becomes v.discrete which gives the music even more moody impact. Recommended! (y)

Subhuman - Recoil (DTS DVD-V).

Wow! I'm enjoying this! Lots of synthy, electronic, gothy, new age, bluesy, soulful, arty, dramatic stuff.. v.decent surround mix with definite discrete elements in rear and some round the room panning (which I'm always a sucker for) but also a big double stereo effect that turns on a dime and suddenly becomes v.discrete which gives the music even more moody impact. Recommended! (y)

Now THAT is what I call a description:wave

Network - Saga (Dolby D 5.1 DVD-V).

Thanks to the Kap'n for this one (y)

Nice surround mix (very active, room panning & speaker ping pong,etc).. I love it!

Edit: On certain tracks the drums sound pretty muffled and lacking definition (could that be Dolby or just the recording itself?) shame... I'm enjoying this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back