Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nightfly DVD-A: How did I get by before without this one? Currently Ruby Baby but The Goodbye Look is what I'm waiting for. I'm officially a Dan/Fagen fan. That includes Mr. Becker by the way.

Last edited:
The Nightfly DVD-A: How did I get by before without this one? Currently Ruby Baby but The Goodbye Look is what I'm waiting for. I'm officially a Dan/Fagen fan. That includes Mr. Becker by the way.

I enjoy that one and also Morph The Cat and Kamakiriad. Of course Gaucho from SDan is also an excellent surround disc as well.

A fellow traveler in sound; recently can't get enough of West of Hollywood, wherever Chris Potter is tonight I wish him well.

Have you picked up STEELY DAN'S two against nature PLUSH TV PARTY IN SENSUOUS SURROUND SOUND? Using the menu it's possible to skip the talk (not completely unenjoyable sometimes) and get to the goodies. Mr. Fagen's remarks on Cousin Dupree are critical commentary.

I have the DVD concert film version, not the DVD-A

Apologies if I was unclear but that's the one I was thinking about. The DVD-A is a must have at a reasonable price, given West of Hollywood (for me anyways) in particular. I know that some have their own thoughts on TAN but it's essential here.

N.E.R.D In Search of. One of the best 5.1 titles ever(as far as mixes go).

N.E.R.D In Search of. One of the best 5.1 titles ever(as far as mixes go).

My view exactly. Mix by Brant S. Biles:

BoyzIIMen - II (dtsCD)
Pavarotti & Friends for War Child (dtsCD)
Gluey Brothers - Stiff for the Elders (DVD-A)
Bonnie Raitt - Road Tested (dtsCD)
Marvin Gaye - Collection (SACD/DVD-A)

Last edited:
My view exactly. Mix by Brant S. Biles:

BoyzIIMen - II (dtsCD)
Pavarotti & Friends for War Child (dtsCD)
Gluey Brothers - Stiff for the Elders (DVD-A)
Bonnie Raitt - Road Tested (dtsCD)
Marvin Gaye - Collection (SACD/DVD-A)

Hey Haikubass

What's the Gluey Brothers - Stiff for the Elders (DVD-A) like? Is it worth it?

What's the Gluey Brothers - Stiff for the Elders (DVD-A) like? Is it worth it?

You can't go wrong with this one, Your Highness. It lacks Pharrell's golden touch and is a bit too lo-fi for my taste, but the mix is definitely good. Huh, spinning this has actually made me want Fun Lovin' Criminals and (more) Beastie Boys in 5.1... *sigh*

The Who - Quadrophenia (blu-ray)

WhoQuadropheniaBD.jpg

My new Bob Marley And the Wailers - Legend 30th Blu-ray Audio finally arrived. Absolutely stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back