Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the Gluey Brothers - Stiff for the Elders (DVD-A) like? Is it worth it?

I bought this when it first came out. Played it once and didn't like it. Must go back and take another listen. Actually, I haven't even put it on my server yet. Probably the only DVD-A I own that's not there...

Better Than Ezra - How Does Your Garden Grow? (DVD-A)
It took tearing down the walls to fully appreciate this mix. I love it now! It sounds to me like 22.2 (just kidding, never heard one:), as there's so much subtle stuff going on everywhere all around... Great fidelity too that does justice to this colorful and fresh album. I still hope more will be served by Music Valet. The new BTE album All Together Now is coming 9/11...

I bought this when it first came out. Played it once and didn't like it. Must go back and take another listen. Actually, I haven't even put it on my server yet. Probably the only DVD-A I own that's not there...

the surround mix is solid if unspectacular... it's the music itself that's very much an acquired taste.

when I first played the Gluey Brothers DVD-A I was scratching my head and laughing out loud in equal measure.. certainly a weird album.

Sinatra At The Sands: In spite of myself, this one has turned out to be a somewhat frequent reward. Plus you get Basie in fine sound and decent surround. If you like big band even a little bit keep an eye out for this one. Fortunately got it at a very reasonable price recently.

Sinatra At The Sands: In spite of myself, this one has turned out to be a somewhat frequent reward. Plus you get Basie in fine sound and decent surround. If you like big band even a little bit keep an eye out for this one. Fortunately got it at a very reasonable price recently.

I love that disc! It's like going in a time machine; much more than a music disc. Love the interaction with the audience during the "monologue".

I love that disc! It's like going in a time machine; much more than a music disc. Love the interaction with the audience during the "monologue".
I'd always thought of this as my father's music and something to avoid. I now realize that given most of a lifetime listening in low res on questionable gear, much has been missed. Fortunately times have changed.

I don't remember ever playing my Candyman DTS.. (and it's an ES mix too, the shame of it!) :eek:

..that normally means one of three things: a.) it got buried under the pile and forgotten about, b.) I couldn't get into the music, or c.) it's flat out crap!

I'm guessing b.)....

The mix is good (of course)... I fact enjoying it more than I remember.

:D

I'm guessing b.)....

The mix is good (of course)... I fact enjoying it more than I remember.

:D

could be.. though its rocky guitar stuff no? I'd ordinarily be all over that like a rash! :p

Thanks for the reminder anyway (y)

I'll give it an airing once the heatwave's subsided and I can fire up the amps without fear of them conking out through overheating! :yikes

image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back