Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
front.jpg

5.1 24/192!! Fantastic sound.

Eric Baumgartner – The Panda Tapes - FLAC 5.0 - nice job blue.monk :)
Andy Jackson - Signal to Noise - DVD-A
Jethro Tull - Warchild - DVD

Wakeman's "Six Wives" like everyone else, Arthur shipped yesterday for me. Alas, after many years I did manage to source the Band's "Music From Big Pink" DVD-A, (huge fan....) one of the few early ones that I missed....God, I never thought I'd ever pay $40 for a DVD-A!

This one made incredible noise in my player and was unlistenable (?) because of that so I bought an external bluray player for my laptop (€79,-), ripped it...TADAAAAA :banana: .
Indeed a very nice surround experience.

Expensive fix, but glad to hear it all worked out for you. :brew

Btw, which other Schiller surround mixes are worth getting?

There is a DVD called Weltreise that sounds OK and one called Sonne but IIRC that one didn't sound so good, I don't have the last one anymore so I guess it didn't :) .
I just found one more: Symphonia [Blu-ray] but I don't know how it sounds.

Stratovarious Element PT 1 DD DVD.
This music was recorded in 24/96 on the best available equipment, yet to fit 2 albums on 1 DVD it is presented as DD. Rears too low on most songs, but OK. Certainly not great by any means.

Hi. ALL
I came across a bargain in one of New Zealand chain stores called the Ware House, they were selling of SACD Disc of Classical music for ($2.19 us) so I bought 17 of them little over $32 us dollars. I have opened one, "The Straus Family" and it sounds great, I am not a classical buff but I do like listening. grate find.
BILL... :banana:

View attachment 17081

Great find, indeed! I am a big fan of classical music in surround. And I am surprised I don't see more discussion about it here. A lot of people on SACD.net look down on these Membran SACDs because they are 16/44.1 recordings from the 90s. Most of the time it's the 2-ch stereo purists who complain. ;)

I have quite a few of these Membran Mch SACDs. I am not sure how the surround mix was put together. They might not have actually gone back to the multi-tracks and created an authentic surround mix. Having said that though, most of the performances are excellent and the surround mix is tastefully done. Some are even a bit immersive, which I like. I really love that Delius SACD. I hope they'll help you get into more classical SACDs. There are so many fabulous new recordings in true hirez surround. Enjoy!

:51banana:

I like to have all my music on my PC anyway so if you spread it out over all my blu-rays it's not so bad, let's say it was the drop that made me decide to buy one :).

Gotcha! :banana:

I was just thinking of the single Bluray. I've got a head cold and I'm taking antihistamine medication. My brain keeps slipping into a black hole somewhere. :mad:@:

Do you have the Lichtmond 1 and 2 Blurays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back