Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you like Lichtmond you will also like Ambra, very similar stuff. They made 2 sacd's (Honour & Glory and Child Of The Universe) and 2 blu-rays (Experience and Prism Of Life).

Agreed! I've got Ambra - Child of the Universe SACD. It's wonderful! Unfortunately, the Honour & Glory SACD is overpriced these days. There is a DVD-V version. How does the DVD-V compare with the SACD? Any thoughts??

And... What's with all the negative reviews for the Ambra - Experience Bluray on amazon Germany??

The-Division-Bell-20-DVD-12.jpg

Agreed! I've got Ambra - Child of the Universe SACD. It's wonderful! Unfortunately, the Honour & Glory SACD is overpriced these days. There is a DVD-V version. How does the DVD-V compare with the SACD? Any thoughts??

And... What's with all the negative reviews for the Ambra - Experience Bluray on amazon Germany??

Sorry can't tell I never listened to the DVD-V and the negative reviews? :smack:

There's an alternative... Ambra/Honour & Glory DVD-Audio ...goes cheap if you want it in surround Hi-Res?

image.jpg

This is the listing I bought the DVD-Audio from (Sept 2013)..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ambra-Honour-Glory-DVD-Audio/dp/B00200N30W

Be careful though, there is also a CD + DVD-V set of Honour & Glory.. so if you're dead set on Hi-Res for this one make sure you check with the seller it's the MLP DVD-A.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, Adam! :worthy

I have been searching for this one for quite a while! You just made me one happy camper!

I think it's time to do the Time Warp Agaaaaain! :51banana:

Screen shot 2015-02-07 at 11.29.28 AM.jpg

Just got here about an hour ago through Amazon/ImportCDs at $7.97 + $3.99 S&H. This is a 5.0 SACD so I'm running it through Onkyo's "Surround" setting to get bass to the sub. I understand the concerns in the poll thread but too early to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back