Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

image.jpg

OK, all you Major Dudes & Dudettes... The Steely thing going around here has spread across the pond.

Just had to hear Charlie Freak :mad:@:

Brothers In Arms (Dire Straits) SHM SACD on repeat. Was playing the platinum SHM CD version of it earlier. The SACD does sound smoother.

Sonny Rollins' Way Out west is fantastic in both fidelity and performance. Perhaps it's where Ray Charles got the idea to to a country & western album.

With as much as I buy, I rarely listen multiple times within a few weeks. Still, I've played this one at least a dozen times. I got my original LP at the same time I got my own personal stereo in my room. That was months before Born to Be Wild got any airplay. As I recall, I bought it unheard based on a sparkling review in Guitar Player magazine. It didn't disappoint!

When I was a freshman in high school, my English teacher let us study in her classroom during lunch period. We were all honor students, good kids, or so she thought. She had a few LP's and a record player. I remember S&G's Sounds of Silence, the Mason Williams album, and Steppenwolf. She was hip, and about eight years older than we were. The use of her room ended when she unexpectedly showed up while we were playing the Pusher. It was the last time we got to use her room. She also took Steppenwolf back home.
fwiwdl.jpg

Sonny Rollins' Way Out west is fantastic in both fidelity and performance. Perhaps it's where Ray Charles got the idea to to a country & western album.

With as much as I buy, I rarely listen multiple times within a few weeks. Still, I've played this one at least a dozen times. I got my original LP at the same time I got my own personal stereo in my room. That was months before Born to Be Wild got any airplay. As I recall, I bought it unheard based on a sparkling review in Guitar Player magazine. It didn't disappoint!

When I was a freshman in high school, my English teacher let us study in her classroom during lunch period. We were all honor students, good kids, or so she thought. She had a few LP's and a record player. I remember S&G's Sounds of Silence, the Mason Williams album, and Steppenwolf. She was hip, and about eight years older than we were. The use of her room ended when she unexpectedly showed up while we were playing the Pusher. It was the last time we got to use her room. She also took Steppenwolf back home.
View attachment 18301

Born to Be Wild is one of my favorites...an epic song..don't know how many times I have heard that song in my life...one of the main reasons I bought the Easy Rider blu ray which has an incredible list of songs...but the best sounding version of that song is on that SACD...which I have played a lot since my purchase...

The Zombies-Greatest Hits Audio Fidelity SACD....go Zombies!...

Well, no one told me about her
The way she lied
Well, no one told me about her
How many people cried

But its too late to say you're sorry
How would I know, why should I care?
Please don't bother trying to find her
She's not there

Well, let me tell you 'bout the way she looked
The way she acts and the color of her hair
Her voice was soft and cool, her eyes were clear and bright
But she's not there