What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What one have you got?

Its - Tommy Jones - Tommy's Place - QS LP - Ovation OVQD/14-20

That Realistic Full Spectrum demo disc at top left (my sleeve is in very shitty condition compared to yours.. disc is ok.. but it was about 2 quid in a charity shop or something)

Tommy's Place, sounds ace! I've no idea what it is but it's Quad so on the fucking list it goes! Thanksssssss oh Lizardy one! :p :upthumb :ebay

That Realistic Full Spectrum demo disc at top left (my sleeve is in very shitty condition compared to yours.. disc is ok.. but it was about 2 quid in a charity shop or something)

Tommy's Place, sounds ace! I've no idea what it is but it's Quad so on the fucking list it goes! Thanksssssss oh Lizardy one! :p :upthumb :ebay
He's Classical Guitar.... quite nice...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWao_Sz0mJA

EDIT: Quite like the Realistic disc... Good quad compo....

Hi. All
Some more QS & SQ Quad`s came today. (Passport Records. QS. Synergy )-( EMI. SQ. Dvorak "New World" Symphony Herbert Von Karajan )-( EPIC. SQ Sergio Mendes & Brasil `77 ) I could not resist in buying this 45 lp

QS SQ.jpg
45 disc.jpg

That's some very good finds F B .

That Aerosmith and BOC are rather rare and usually command big £ or €. Good finds indeed.

Always a pleasure to see some of the imports (Spanish etc.) Well at least import for my neck of the woods.U S discs, German discs, and British were mostly obtainable for me.It's these other nations of quads I find most intriguing.

Realistic Quadraphonic - The Full Spectrum Of Quadraphonic Sound - SQ LP
Percy Faith and His Orchestra - New Thing - SQ LP
Beatles Classics By Enoch Light and His Orchestra - SQ LP
Today's Sounds - QS LP
Vanguard Quadraphonic Demonstration Album - VSQ-2X - SQ LP
Tommy Jones - Tommy's Place - QS LP?
Ray Conniff - The Happy Sound of Ray Conniff - SQ LP
Ray Conniff - Alone Again Naturally - SQ LP
Ray Conniff - The Way We Were - SQ LP
Enoch Light and the Brass Menagerie - QS LP
Tony Mottola - The Best Of Tony Mottola - The Tony Touch - QS LP
Bobby Christian - Vibe-brations - EV-4 LP
Fiddler on The Roof - QS LP
Enoch Light - Future Sound Shock - QS LP
Enoch Light - Permissive Polyphonics - QS LP
Enoch Light - 4 Channel Stereo - QS LP
Enoch Light - Big Band Hits of the 30s Vol. 2 - SQ LP
Enoch Light - Spanish Strings - QS LP

Pictures to follow..

Future Sound Shock is awesome - hyperbole a-go-go on the cover but it is brilliantly engineered and the quad mix is ping-pong-tastic. Kind of goes for all the Enoch Light albums really.

Future Sound Shock is awesome - hyperbole a-go-go on the cover but it is brilliantly engineered and the quad mix is ping-pong-tastic. Kind of goes for all the Enoch Light albums really.

I had a smile on my face listening to that one.

I just love their bold mixing choices of placing stuff in the speakers... and like you say ping-pong-tastic... (y)

These albums, when comparing the QS and SQ versions, show the superiority of QS over SQ. QS delivers a more cohesive quad effect even without logic.

These albums, when comparing the QS and SQ versions, show the superiority of QS over SQ. QS delivers a more cohesive quad effect even without logic.

The Enoch Light version of The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down is the track I've used as a comparison between QS and SQ. I have to agree that the QS sounds better.

That's some very good finds F B .

That Aerosmith and BOC are rather rare and usually command big £ or €. Good finds indeed.

Always a pleasure to see some of the imports (Spanish etc.) Well at least import for my neck of the woods.U S discs, German discs, and British were mostly obtainable for me.It's these other nations of quads I find most intriguing.

Thanks F W! :upthumb

..neither Rocks nor BOC's sleeves are in good nick (I'm discovering it's hard to find these SQ records without serious ringwear) but it's all about the records themselves isn't it.. so we shall see how they play.. Rocks was £9 and BOC £20 fwiw.. curious to hear the Alcatraz Quad as it doesn't get mentioned much.

Hi. All
A bottle neck of LP`S came today ( EMI. SQ David Munrow The Art Of The Neitherlands Vol.2 & Vol.3 )-( EMI. SQ Respighi Ancient Airs and Dances )-( EMI. SQ Gabriel Pierne Introduction Et Variations )-(EMI. SQ ALittle night Music )-( CBS. SQ Beethhoven Stern Barenboim )-( CBS. SQ Boulez con. Falla The Three -Cornered Hat )-( CBS. SQ Boulez con. Bartok Concerto For Orchestra New York Philharmonic )-( CBS. SQ Pearl )-( CBS. SQ Miles Davis Live )-( CBS. SQ Santana Caravanserai )-( CBS. SQ Santana Abraxas )-( Carlos Santana & Buddy Miles Live ! )-( EPIC. SQ Polnareff`s )-( CBS. SQ Paul Simon There Goes Rhymin`Simon )
Bill...

10 QQ.jpg
11 QQ.jpg
9 QQ.jpg
8 QQ.jpg
7 QQ.jpg
3 QQ.jpg
5 QQ.jpg
4 QQ.jpg
2 QQ.jpg

WOW !! BBQ,

That's one hell of an amazing haul of SQ and QS Japanese? I am in envy.

It was always very difficult for me to try and obtain SONY JAPAN SQ'S, only ever saw approximately 5 or 6 in the import shops.

Back