Chicago Quadio - 9 Quad Albums on Blu-ray Audio.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had no idea this was out. Just found this thread last night. And just ordered my copy from Acoustic Sounds with the July discount code!! Hell yes!! I have a bunch of Chicago Quad records and 8-tracks. Can't wait to check this out!!

You could save yourself some money if your order hasn't been processed yet...deepdiscount.com has a better price...use promo code BLACKPEARL for a 15% discount HERE

While I've been enjoying (scrap that, LOVING!!) the many treasures of this box set, I'm wondering about that geezer on Amazon saying Chicago X is sourced from the SQ LP...

... well, if I may say, imho, the Blu-ray grabs my SQ LP (records in v.good nick I might add.. and decodes pretty respectably thru the SQ Vinyl Surround Master) but the new Quadio Blu-ray grabs my old SQ record by the scruff of the neck, throws it round the room for 38 minutes and at the end of that pasting it stomps all over it, spits in its face and then walks off into the distance to go and marry its daughter.

Umm.. Something like that. :eek:

Basically to my mind there's no way the Quad on the Blu-ray of the "X" album could have been sourced from vinyl because in every way, fidelity, separation, the works, it pisses all over my copy of the SQ record, at least.

This is true for my OPPO BDP-103 also.

No Mo-Fo-ing way broham..!!?
Its a melonflucking CONSPIRACY!! Watch your back!! Nobody's safe.
(Can't wait for a beer tonight, I'm climbing the walls.)

My favourites in this Quadio set so far are VI, VII and X.. I actually punched the air with a "WOO!" at the end of "Feeling Stronger Every Day"..!! Yes my QQ friends, it's THAT GOOD ;)

Voting "10" in the QQ Poll for this Chicago set will be the EASIEST "10" QQ Vote I've ever made.

This Quadio set continues to prove itself to be something of a sonic miracle (in Quad only, not had a go at the Stereo yet) ... "and why is that?" I hear you ask..

Well, for me, it can even make Chicago VIII (the weakest album, weakest recording and the weakest mix of all 9 Quads imho) into rather a special surround experience.. and yet again makes the SQ record (my VIII SQ LPs like VG+ condition) sound like absolute dross by comparison, in every way imaginable.

Edit: VIII in this Quadio set is worth it just for "Oh, Thank You Great Spirit" imho.. wowzers!

It's sad the malcontents from SHF have decided to provide comments on the Rhino page...I'd love to go on there and refute their statements but that would require a facebook account..something I would never do....maybe someone here can go on there and crush these whiny bastards...check this out

I ordered mine from SpinCDs, which says the order is processing and has been for a while, and nothing has arrived on the door step yet :( ......sigh......... :violin

Well, I've lived with this set for a week, and today I finally finished the last disc. There's only one thing left to do now....start over! Where's that CTA disc....?

Hugo Montenegro - Scenes and Themes, which has been mentioned as very much a top title.....?

:howl

Dark Side of the Moon has been De-throned!!! Unbelievable... yet, warranted.

I think this will incite people who haven't voted yet for these titles to do so, myself included. I have yet to receive me set but it's only a matter of time.

I simply haven't had time to listen much. It would be easy to vote a 10 based on hype...but I really need to listen to all then vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's ironic that 2 bands from the 70's are battling for surround supremacy in 2016...pretty cool(y)

From my perspective, it's EASY to see why the Complete QUAD Chicago boxset would easily trump (no pun intended) DSOTM especially considering the care taken in transferring 9 formerly SQ Quad albums meticulously to BD~A in 24/192 [except for the snafu of partial mono on Chicago II which will shortly be rectified).

First and foremost, the price was a giveaway in deference to those who had to purchase the elaborate boxset of DSOTM (me, included) JUST to procure the BD~A 4.0.

IMO, as Surroundophiles, Chicago was a GIFT with no hoopla attached. Just PURE BD Audio. IF ONLY this could be a template for all future boxsets we'd ALL be happy campers!

Just give us the meat with NO grizzle.

Back