Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calm down everyone, Marshall has indicated to me that while the quad output will decrease, it will not go away and there will be ongoing quad SACDs, just not one or two a month as in the past year.

Time will tell but he had no reason to tell me otherwise, and I am sure that our own "Multichannel Maven" with chime in with the same info.

As of today I personally do not know the next "rock" title coming from AF, but when I do and I get permission to tell you all, I will. If Brian finds out first (which he probably will) and gets permission to divulge I am sure he will do the same.

Heck, in the past you guys have figured out the titles even before me just by checking the amazon listings. :)

Also, please - let's not attack each other, either directly or stealthy. We're all in this together, remember?

Thanks, Jon. I think we ALL will benefit from your reassurance that Paradise isn't QUITE LOST (yet, again). At least we have FULL SAIL and the unannounced rock title to look forward to and I'm sure Marshall will make good on his promise to release more QUAD titles down the pike.

I'm hoping it's Edgar Winter's White Trash. Y'know, in kinda keeping with the unreleased theme. That would blow my doors off for sure. Or, "They Only Come out at Night". My mind is spinning with what it could be. Maybe Guess Who Best Vol. 2? What other Quad Rock titles would really be exciting? Maybe an Aerosmith? We haven't been told those are off limits (I don't think).

I just wish I could play multichannel in my new Mustang. *sigh*

Calm down everyone, Marshall has indicated to me that while the quad output will decrease, it will not go away and there will be ongoing quad SACDs, just not one or two a month as in the past year.

Time will tell but he had no reason to tell me otherwise, and I am sure that our own "Multichannel Maven" with chime in with the same info.

As of today I personally do not know the next "rock" title coming from AF, but when I do and I get permission to tell you all, I will. If Brian finds out first (which he probably will) and gets permission to divulge I am sure he will do the same.

Heck, in the past you guys have figured out the titles even before me just by checking the amazon listings. :)

Also, please - let's not attack each other, either directly or stealthy. We're all in this together, remember?
I thought you stated that you knew which one was coming but not yet anounced? I must have dreamed it then that you said it was one many of us would be thrilled about.

(y):banana:

I'd rather it was Secret Treaties, its the better of the two BOC Quads and a better album imho.

That is a very interesting suggestion, what kind of potential EMI/Capitol Quad titles might Universal have had to give up in the big selloff?
Mercury titles? ABC/Command titles? Steve Miller? Ohio Players? Bachman Turner Overdrive? Steely Dan? Grass Roots? Four Tops? Rufus?

Would be up for any unreleased Quads, or prev unreleased on modern day/digital format of any of those artists.. (the Ohio Players & Rufus Quads are particularly fab)

Bingo!..Adam is the winner...as steelydave revealed...check it out

I thought you stated that you knew which one was coming but not yet anounced? I must have dreamed it then that you said it was one many of us would be thrilled about.

I knew the artist, not the title. You all would be happy with the artist.

However, I am open to a Warner rock title that was acquired by WMG in a merger with parts of EMI. Remember when UNI had to give up certain parts of the EMI/Virgin/Parlophone/etc. catalog to Warners in the big EMI/Capitol selloff? There were a few things of consideration there.

Yes, I've always thought Uni was a great label... ;)

The only way I would be really upset with Audio Fidelity is if they released "Holiday" by America as a stereo-only SACD. Then the knives would come out!
That's such a great album with two huge hits on it and a great Quad mix to boot! I would be dumbfounded, flabbergasted, and seething with rage if AF dumped the Quad mix from a SACD release of that album.

But other than that, there isn't too much else I can really hope for or recommend. I want to remain pleasantly surprised at what AF sees fit to release, and with both "Full Sail" and "Secret Treaties" coming soon, there's still some more good things to look forward to! :)

The only way I would be really upset with Audio Fidelity is if they released "Holiday" by America as a stereo-only SACD. Then the knives would come out!
That's such a great album with two huge hits on it and a great Quad mix to boot! I would be dumbfounded, flabbergasted, and seething with rage if AF dumped the Quad mix from a SACD release of that album.

But other than that, there isn't too much else I can really hope for or recommend. I want to remain pleasantly surprised at what AF sees fit to release, and with both "Full Sail" and "Secret Treaties" coming soon, there's still some more good things to look forward to! :)

Good Lord!! I totally forgot about Full Sail!! Now I need to go see if I ordered it....honestly don't remember.

I'm curious, have the previous America AF releases been good sellers? Enough to justify adding the Quad layer to a future release of Holiday? I for one would love it of course. Hearts has been in heavy rotation here so I'd love Holiday in Quad as well.

Who picks the artist/albums to be released in surround by Audio Fidelity?

In my opinion, they need to release more popular artists. I will not buy a SACD for the sake of surround only, I will purchase an album in surround based primarily if I like the music of the artist. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that Audio Fidelity release albums in surround format and I will continue to purchase SACDs from them but only the ones that I want/like.

There you go, just needed to vent.

Regards,

Who picks the artist/albums to be released in surround by Audio Fidelity?

In my opinion, they need to release more popular artists. I will not buy a SACD for the sake of surround only, I will purchase an album in surround based primarily if I like the music of the artist. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that Audio Fidelity release albums in surround format and I will continue to purchase SACDs from them but only the ones that I want/like.

There you go, just needed to vent.

Regards,

Vent away! :p
Hints have been dropped AF pursued many of the big-name obvious Quad acts some time ago (Eagles, Doobies, Santana, Dylan, Edgar/Johnny Winter, Paul Simon, Aerosmith..) and for all sorts of reason(s) seemingly got knocked back or it just didn't work out, so far.. it ain't over til it's over and from what Jon Urban and Brian Moura and others have said AF's Surround gig is not over by any stretch :)

Vent away! :p
Hints have been dropped AF pursued many of the big-name obvious Quad acts some time ago (Eagles, Doobies, Santana, Dylan, Edgar/Johnny Winter, Paul Simon, Aerosmith..) and for all sorts of reason(s) seemingly got knocked back or it just didn't work out, so far.. it ain't over til it's over and from what Jon Urban and Brian Moura and others have said AF's Surround gig is not over by any stretch :)

Thank you fredblue

I just want to buy lots of SACD albums in surround from Artists that I like. Stereo SACD do not have the same appeal to me, maybe I will buy my super favorite artists to have the best fidelity record of a certain album but that's it.

Kind Regards,

Well here are my stereo AF purchases versus my AF Quad/5.1 purchases, shows where my money goes!

IMG_1296 (896x794).jpg IMG_1295 (1024x639).jpg

I'm curious, have the previous America AF releases been good sellers? Enough to justify adding the Quad layer to a future release of Holiday? I for one would love it of course. Hearts has been in heavy rotation here so I'd love Holiday in Quad as well.

I'm not sure how well "Hearts" has sold, but I am pretty sure that "Homecoming" sold out on its initial pressing not too long after it was originally released, so I'd say there is still a pretty good chance right now that "Holiday" will also be released as a Multichannel SACD.

Back