Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me, too. :upthumb

I love these Quad SACDs from DV.

I have ALL of the D~V QUAD SACDs and I can honestly say that Michael Dutton has done an amazing mastering and in some cases remixing job on ALL of them. I hope [and pray] that the next batch will be even more eclectic [read DIVERSE] than the previous batch with a little less MOR*. With ALL of the American reissue companies releasing Hybrid Stereo SACDs, D~V seems to have the market cornered in bringing the vast unreleased RCA/Columbia QUAD titles to fruition and perhaps they will eventually branch out into other labels (Universal/Warner?) if the market allows....and sales remain robust!

[*Middle of the Road]

With ALL of the American reissue companies releasing Hybrid Stereo SACDs, D~V seems to have the market cornered in bringing the vast unreleased RCA/Columbia QUAD titles to fruition and perhaps they will eventually branch out into other labels (Universal/Warner?) if the market allows....and sales remain robust!

If DV could tap into the Warner Music catalogue, that would be incredible, but AFAIK, the Warner Music catalogue is closed off for the time being, and Universal? Enough said, their pathetic Quad output over the last 15 years speaks for itself, not to mention that the Sony catalogue is the largest and most open of them all, so I totally expect DV to keep branching out within Sony's expansive catalogue.

These
xtcdrumorange.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have ALL of the D~V QUAD SACDs and I can honestly say that Michael Dutton has done an amazing mastering and in some cases remixing job on ALL of them. I hope [and pray] that the next batch will be even more eclectic [read DIVERSE] than the previous batch with a little less MOR*. With ALL of the American reissue companies releasing Hybrid Stereo SACDs, D~V seems to have the market cornered in bringing the vast unreleased RCA/Columbia QUAD titles to fruition and perhaps they will eventually branch out into other labels (Universal/Warner?) if the market allows....and sales remain robust!

[*Middle of the Road]

Yes, the fidelity is excellent on these Quad SACDs. Sure, the music titles are a bit out there. Now I'm listening the Floyd Cramer - Class of '73 What a blast (cream puff?) from the past! Middle of the Road has gone Off the Road! LOL! :mad:@::mad:@:) Actually, I like it. And some of the numbers are fun. I loved Will it Go Round in Circles. This collection would better with some vocals thrown in, though.

Yes, the fidelity is excellent on these Quad SACDs. Sure, the music titles are a bit out there. Now I'm listening the Floyd Cramer - Class of '73 What a blast (cream puff?) from the past! Middle of the Road has gone Off the Road! LOL! :mad:@::mad:@:) Actually, I like it. And some of the numbers are fun. I loved Will it Go Round in Circles. This collection would better with some vocals thrown in, though.

Very true Lute, but honestly, for those of us who grew up in that time period....these songs were being played on tons of easy listening radio stations. So, my memories are intact and these are wonderful. In fact, in my little town, we have an EL radio station and they STILL PLAY THESE SONGS!!! Haha - my parents listen to it.

my weekend was spent wallowing in my lo-fi world of quad reel-to-reel (Q4 is what I think you guys call it).
I was curating my latest tape called "UNLISTED NUMBERS vol1".

Attachments

• ETR unlisted numbers.jpg
    ETR unlisted numbers.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 153
Very true Lute, but honestly, for those of us who grew up in that time period....these songs were being played on tons of easy listening radio stations. So, my memories are intact and these are wonderful. In fact, in my little town, we have an EL radio station and they STILL PLAY THESE SONGS!!! Haha - my parents listen to it.

I feel the same nostalgia for these songs, Gene. Don't get me wrong. I actually like this stuff, too. I was just poking a little fun at it. ;)(y) My gosh...Tie a Yellow Ribbon on the Old Oak Tree!!? WOW! Brings back the memories. And after feeling blue with Mary Tyler Moore passing away...this music brings a smile back to my face. :D Like Ralph, I'm pretty much open to any music. Throw in the superb job DV has done with these fun Quad mixes and I'm your huckleberry. :brew

Julian Bream - Concertos for lute & orchestra (SACD)

The Monteverdi Orchestra
John Elliot Gardiner (conductor)

'Cracked Rear View'....Hootie and the Blowfish MLP DVD~A 5.1

Boz Scaggs: 'DIG' MLP DVD~A 5.1

Diana Krall 'When I Look in your Eyes' MLP DVD~A 5.1

Just listened to Donald Fagen The Nightly DVD-A and was wondering, was the onscreen artwork created for the DVD release or was it also part of the vinyl album art?

Back