Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Anniversary Reissue (with 5.1 surround mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I may be being 5.1 greedy, but does this release give hope for surround mixes of "The White Album" & "Abbey Road"? - my favourites of the later music :music

I certainly think that if any of the other Beatles records are deserving of deluxe box sets, it would be "Abbey Road" and the White album.
Maybe after they get through those, they can go back and do the same for "Rubber Soul" and "Revolver".
Or they can put together a Beatles Early Years set covering from 1962-1966... [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is everyone on SHF freaking because something called Carnival isn't on this box set? Is that a single song????
Many "claim" that is a deal breaker for them and they won't buy it. lmao...uh huh. sure.... :banana:

Why is everyone on SHF freaking because something called Carnival isn't on this box set? Is that a single song????
Many "claim" that is a deal breaker for them and they won't buy it. lmao...uh huh. sure.... :banana:

I may not have all my facts straight, but it's called "Carnival of Light", and it's a 15 minute, one-take, improvisatory composition that McCartney and co. made for an unrelated (aka non-Beatles) project.
A lot of people want to here it, but McCartney and co. keep insisting that it's not as good as everyone thinks it is.

I may not have all my facts straight, but it's called "Carnival of Light", and it's a 15 minute, one-take, improvisatory composition that McCartney and co. made for an unrelated (aka non-Beatles) project.
A lot of people want to here it, but McCartney and co. keep insisting that it's not as good as everyone thinks it is.

What also gets their knickers in at wist is that the piece has never been bootlegged so nobody really knows what it's supposed to sound like, gem or crap.:)

Just got a response to my tweet to Sam Okell mentioning that 1+ 5.1 was quite reserved and didn't seem to feature many discrete surround elements and would Peppers be more adventurous in surround and he replied with an emphatic "Yes!" so that's encouraging.
I don't do twitter, so wondering if you could ask if the "2015" mix of Strawberry Fields is the 1+ 5.1 or a more discrete mix? Thank you for this info, very encouraging.

I don't do twitter, so wondering if you could ask if the "2015" mix of Strawberry Fields is the 1+ 5.1 or a more discrete mix? Thank you for this info, very encouraging.

Well since "1+" was released in 2015, I would bet money it's that mix, but I would love to be proven wrong...

What also gets their knickers in at wist is that the piece has never been bootlegged so nobody really knows what it's supposed to sound like, gem or crap.:)

Ahhhhh! So, they don't know what they are missing.... Hee! ;)
Oh well. I, for one, am very happy with the box. I hope the 5.1 is above average. I won't 2nd guess my purchase. No chance. All in....

OK, gotcha. Wow, 15 minutes. Makes me curious, yes. But.....who....cares.... We get SGT Pepper BOX! Yee-freaking haw!

Could someone kindly provide me with the link for the box at Amazon.ca please? I can't find it with a regular search.

Thanks in advance! :)

I have a question about Amazon US policy. And, not that they would do this...but just play along for a bit.

So, I've placed my order for $149. I fully intend to keep that order as I know I will get the box the fastest from them. Let's say they have some oddball 4 hour price drop. Say it's $89 for 4 hours in the middle of the night sometime. As long as I keep my original order intact - will I get that temporary price drop price?? (you know, think of when they do Flash Sales)

I have a question about Amazon US policy. And, not that they would do this...but just play along for a bit.

So, I've placed my order for $149. I fully intend to keep that order as I know I will get the box the fastest from them. Let's say they have some oddball 4 hour price drop. Say it's $89 for 4 hours in the middle of the night sometime. As long as I keep my original order intact - will I get that temporary price drop price?? (you know, think of when they do Flash Sales)

Yes, Amazon pre-order guarantee.

I've read a bit about this. kinda interesting, kinda weird..... Think Revolution #9... but possibly much trippier

Here is the excellent wiki link

I find it strange that George would block its release after having released a solo "electronic" album of his own (I believe he was the first Beatle to release a solo album, no?) which is pretty much unlistenable (at least by me anyway. I'd rather listen to Yoko shrieking than that recording of Electronic Music again. But I digress...). It couldn't possibly be worse than that, or could it?
:yikes:yikes:yikes

Maybe he regretted the Electronic Music release so badly he swore off being connected with any "electronic" release, ever again. Maybe it just sucked. We'll never know.

Anyway its an interesting story about Carnival of Light. Too bad we wont get to hear it. :violin

Now I may be being 5.1 greedy, but does this release give hope for surround mixes of "The White Album" & "Abbey Road"? - my favourites of the later music :music

Yes, but not only that but other albums can get green lit for 5.1 because Pepper clued in folks to the magic of surround mixes.

Imagine someone buying the box with 5.1 surround Sgt Pepper - playing it through their home theater rig and being knocked out, then deciding to see what other albums can be purchased in surround. They discover Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Yes, Genesis, Crimson, Jeff Beck, Blue Oyster Cult, Sly and the Family Stone, Doors, Chicago, BS&T and on and on. This is all news to them, and all because they were previously major Beatles fans, and not surround fans.

So this is great news for the 5.1 format for music, it will bring in more potential surround listeners to the fold, especially if the mix is a stunner.

I was thinking about a week ago that it is time for an earth shaking surround amouncement in 4.0 or 5.1. Then we get the Pepper 5.1 news!!!

It's very exciting and shows that surround for music refuses to roll over and die.

Can we not focus on this singular amazing news for at least 24 hours before speculating on any other albums? Also, it is very unlikely that even landmark albums will make many Surround converts. We are an island, enjoy the view! #realitybites

LMAO! Well, I have successfully purchased (pre-ordered) the deluxe box from:

1. Amazon Canada for their low, low price. :) Probably they will cancel that...but so far they haven't.
2. Amazon US - currently $149 and with tax is $159 :yikes I honestly have to think they will, at some point, lower that price...won't they?
3. Bull Moose - $120 shipped.

Will I just keep all 3? Stranger things have happened.

Ouch... now $189 = $215 w tax at Amazon.ca

What was the Amazon.ca price earlier today?

Back