Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Anniversary Reissue (with 5.1 surround mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Blu-Ray is not designed to be sold alone as the documentary carries as much value as the 5.1 surround mix does.
(Maybe not for us but for the vast majority of Beatles fans.)

What is your source for this? Why couldn't there be a standalone 5.1 released later on? Many only want the surround mix and don't care about outtakes or stereo versions.

What is your source for this? Why couldn't there be a standalone 5.1 released later on? Many only want the surround mix and don't care about outtakes or stereo versions.

I suspect Ryan is speaking from a logical standpoint. At least in this case, it seems likely that they will sell a zillion of these and won't bother with a stand-alone. I guess I agree with him. Which...is why I didn't hesitate to buy this box. No way I'm gonna be left out of Pepper in surround. :)

There is no source for that.
It's just common sense.
If they were planning to release a single Blu-Ray, why didn't they say anything about it when the other formats were announced?
And I'm aware that a lot on here are only interested in the 5.1 mix, but there's just as many Beatles fans out there that are interested in the other elements of the box set too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no source for that.
It's just common sense.
If they were planning to release a single Blu-Ray, why didn't they say anything about it when the other formats were announced?
And I'm aware that a lot on here are only interested in the 5.1 mix, but there's just as many Beatles fans out there that are interested in the other elements of the box set too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a stereo only config. I guess they assume that those with 5.1 needs also have the cash to drop for the so called box-set?
Or could it be that Apple Corp, Yoko and other shareholders want to milk consumers for as much money as they can? Then once the hype dies down other configurations (E.g., standalone bluray in 5.1) will be available? I guess time will tell?

The only way you will ever see a stand alone is on ebay or one sold on here. The record companies will NEVER let this out alone, because they are well aware there are those out there -(me) who will piss away the amount for the box just to get the BD. History shows this to be factual. I'm sure the marketing department of any record outfit knows this. It's called ; greed!

We have seen this on more than one box set, in fact, every box set that has a 5.1 disc, is sold basically for that disc!
DSOTM cost me $45.00 after selling the BS I lucked out on WYWH $35.00 they sent doubles to replace the defect disc, and the Tull offering, cost me another $45.00 after selling off the remainder. I'm too old to have shit cluttering up my house. I just want the freaking music!!
PS The source is Greed and avarice.

Yea verily, the greed, avarice, idolatry and the remaining 7 Deadly Sins are rife with this Apple Corp. Satan. And Yoko.
And lo, though but a trifling few beseech for 5.1 alone, their lugubrious lamentations will wither & vanish, mute in the wasteland.
The restless masses of the faithful yearn for Pepper in all its fullness. Mono, Stereo & 5.1 & they shall be richly rewarded.
So sayeth Paul, Ringo & Giles and thus it shall be.

I picked this one up from Amazon Italy the day it was announced. I paid somewhere around $100.00 USD with Priority shipping.

This means, I will see it a couple of weeks after the release date. As opposed to, a month after release date with standard shipping. :popcorn

Very cool, Mark. So get out the glue and get cracking'. And for the creative sort, you might want to fashion some Sgt. Pepper finger puppets and put on your own fantabulous show in 5.1!
:banana:
Great idea Ralphie. You know that the Santana Lotus Japanese edition is not just a bunch of paper but that is a put together box also. Listening to RBCD of The Joshua Tree now, getting ready to see U2 this Weds night at Levi staduim.

I realize you guys are being facetious, but the whole diorama thing is not the reason I went for the Japanese set.
In fact, I seriously doubt I'll take it out of the package unless one of you posts a compelling picture of it assembled.
I do love Japanese packaging standards but this is straying into Bandai, Hello Kitty territory

I realize you guys are being facetious, but the whole diorama thing is not the reason I went for the Japanese set.
In fact, I seriously doubt I'll take it out of the package unless one of you posts a compelling picture of it assembled.
I do love Japanese packaging standards but this is straying into Bandai, Hello Kitty territory

Oh man, I am all over it, Diorama, posters, SHM CD's . I can't see myself doing less and you better believe I am going to put the diorama together just like I did the Santana Lotus, WHY ? Cause you can't take it with you ! Whatever is the funnest, that is me.

Oh man, I am all over it, Diorama, posters, SHM CD's . I can't see myself doing less and you better believe I am going to put the diorama together just like I did the Santana Lotus, WHY ? Cause you can't take it with you ! Whatever is the funnest, that is me.

I knew you would :)
Better post pics, dammit!!

You guys are killing me. I ordered the Japanese set as well, shipping and all.........................:confused:

wonder when we'll get a super deluxe box set for the wedding album, man a 5.1 of that would be something..........something

Back