Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Anniversary Reissue (with 5.1 surround mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, all is left to discuss...is price and actual arrival date. As I've said multiple times :rolleyes: I have Pepper ordered at 2 sites.

Amazon US $125.36
It actually ships on May 24th with arrival to my house on May 26th

Bullmoose $120.97
I don't know when the moose will ship. I doubt on May 24th. Will it be on the 26th? If so, not sure when I would receive it. The 26th is a Friday, so it could also move on Saturday. Sit on Sunday somewhere.... best case scenario I suppose is arrival on Monday, May 29th.

GOS, the 29th is Memorial Day
One disadvantage to ordering the Japanese version, release date is the Friday of Memorial Day Weekend.
Listening to Pepper would be a great way to spend a good chunk of it.
Been a long time since I ordered a day-date release from Amazon JP, can't believe I would get it on release day.

GOS, the 29th is Memorial Day
One disadvantage to ordering the Japanese version, release date is the Friday of Memorial Day Weekend.
Listening to Pepper would be a great way to spend a good chunk of it.
Been a long time since I ordered a day-date release from Amazon JP, can't believe I would get it on release day.

Oops, so it is. Bummer. Maybe I need to get real...and cancel the Moose. I hate to do that....but I don't really have $120x2 laying around.

Just to clarify a bit "A Day In The Life " on Beatles Love is not a mashup , but full bore original.

True, but mixed from the 4-track master; I can't imagine the new 5.1 mix coming from the pre-bounce multis won't blow it away.

The real deal with the LG OLED 4K sets is that they are better than plasma technology.
Great color, true blacks etc.

Samsung & Panasonic will soon catch up.

Panasonic caught up and surpassed LG a long time ago, their OLED set was reviewed as the best telly ever in the UK 2015 shootout. Sadly they haven't brought their OLED to the North American market yet, but taking LGs panel and having Panasonic's engineering expertise (including many ex-Pioneer guys) it's no wonder they outperformed LG with their own panel - http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/tx65cz952b-201601044222.htm

Sony's OLED sets have now arrived in the North American market and are being well received - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-65...h-dynamic-range-black/5770946.p?skuId=5770946

The future of TV is definitely in good hands these days, plasma owners can breathe a sigh of relief. I attended the 2013 and 2014 HDTV shootouts in Scarsdale, NY, and in the latter one they had the 1080p 55" LG OLED, I knew then what my future tv tech was going to be. When they did a test with a full white 10 pixel wide rectangular border with 0 IRE black for the balance of the screen, the previous year's winner (Samsung 8500 plasma) got the closest to black but was still very much dark gray (the Pannys and Kuros would have done better), all the 4K top of the line LCDs (LED-lit) including Samsung's 100+" 16:9 set were various shades of light to medium gray (where they should have been black) and very uneven to boot, meanwhile at the bottom of the wall just floating was this white rectangle...that was the performance of hte 1080p LG OLED. Finally pure blacks and infinite contrast were going to be realized.

Sorry for blabbing on, I get excited about this stuff.

Last edited:
Sorry for blabbing on, I get excited about this stuff.

No worries! Interesting read, especially since I experienced the same thing around the same time. I am today a lucky owner of a two year's old LG 1080p 55 inch OLED and I am a happy camper - my upgrade nerve has not yet said anything to about any need of 4K etc.

15 Days! Creeping ever so closer... I notice Satellite Radio service Sirius is launching a Beatles channel on May 18 I think....man...they are really getting fired up about Pepper release.

Here is a paragraph, from an article on the Los Angeles Times...

Indeed, the Doors’ drummer, John Densmore, told The Times recently, “We were working on our second album, ‘Strange Days’ [in 1967] and while we were working on it, we got an early copy of ‘Sgt. Pepper’ and we just died. That made us experiment more, inspired us to try the Moog synthesizer, made us generally be wild and just say ‘What the hell?’”

Here is a paragraph, from an article on the Los Angeles Times...

Indeed, the Doors’ drummer, John Densmore, told The Times recently, “We were working on our second album, ‘Strange Days’ [in 1967] and while we were working on it, we got an early copy of ‘Sgt. Pepper’ and we just died. That made us experiment more, inspired us to try the Moog synthesizer, made us generally be wild and just say ‘What the hell?’”

Well FWIW ; I always considered The Doors an equivalent to THE Beatles . Doors first six albums pretty much say it all , true musical genius . :)

once again for those who missed it:
AAajPYj.jpg

On the set of the cover photo. That's Ringo, and John.

Wow, this is going to be what I'll order as well. Thanks for the headsup! ☺️

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
I initially ordered from CD Japan and it was $202 w\shipping.
Pulled my head out and checked out Amazon JP, $154 w\shipping.
Not cheap but a lot cheaper.
Allowed me to rationalize the $35 over domestic Amazon or Bullmoose price

So, still no whispers of a standalone Blu-ray release then? Bummer :(

You shouldn't be surprised by that cause if there was going to be one, it would have been originally announced with all of the other formats.
The Blu-Ray is not designed to be sold alone as the documentary carries as much value as the 5.1 surround mix does.
(Maybe not for us but for the vast majority of Beatles fans.)

So, still no whispers of a standalone Blu-ray release then? Bummer :(

Weird, that you would want a stand alone of Sgt Pepper ? The number 1 recording of all time, I'll take any thing they give me. I am hoping HDTracks/Acoustic Sounds gets license to sell the CD's in 24bit so I can double dip and buy it again.

Weird, that you would want a stand alone of Sgt Pepper ? The number 1 recording of all time, I'll take any thing they give me. I am hoping HDTracks/Acoustic Sounds gets license to sell the CD's in 24bit so I can double dip and buy it again.

hahaha - you got it right man. Pepper....give it to me in a cereal box.....a pair of socks...I don't care. :)

I initially ordered from CD Japan and it was $202 w\shipping.
Pulled my head out and checked out Amazon JP, $154 w\shipping.
Not cheap but a lot cheaper.
Allowed me to rationalize the $35 over domestic Amazon or Bullmoose price
That diorama looks really cool. Gotta have that methinks! ?

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Back