Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
river.jpg

:banana:

John Fogerty- "Premonition" DD DVD-V... WOW! About $6 Brand New for 22 fantastic songs with classic Elliot Scheiner surround mixes... what a deal when you think about how much this Sgt Pepper mix will cost;)

John Fogerty- "Premonition" DD DVD-V... WOW! About $6 Brand New for 22 fantastic songs with classic Elliot Scheiner surround mixes... what a deal when you think about how much this Sgt Pepper mix will cost;)

Isn't that a rocking set? I love it....I really need to dust that off and give it a run. Been years since I've watched it.

I don't have this one, I didn't order because of DD but have seen a few people now endorse this one. Where can you get it for $6?

How does this one compare to-The Long Road Home Dvd that is in DTS?

I don't have this one, I didn't order because of DD but have seen a few people now endorse this one. Where can you get it for $6?

I don't know, but all I can tell you is the show itself and the musicianship on Premonition is top shelf. You can feel the vibe on that one. It really does sound good as well. And...well....Kenny Aronoff is on the skins....he is simply amazing IMO.

The mix is significantly better. It's an Elliot Scheiner mix - much preferable to Long Way Home despite being DD - better performances too IMO

I don't know, but all I can tell you is the show itself and the musicianship on Premonition is top shelf. You can feel the vibe on that one. It really does sound good as well. And...well....Kenny Aronoff is on the skins....he is simply amazing IMO.

It also has PCM surround according to Amazon. I can't recall...I really do need to get it out.

EDIT - which makes no sense...it's DD. I just found my copy. It's PCM Stereo or DD 5.1

Peter - you need to get Premonition. I just popped it in and it rivals some of the best I've heard...really. The DD 5.1 and the Scheiner mix are top shelf. IT's live, so it's not uber discreet whatsoever, but it is such a fine sounding mix......solid bass, crisp highs, vocals rock solid in the center.

If you like Creedence Clearwater Revival this disc is the best option IMO...it is a typical ES mix(excellent) and it's unique in the respect that it's a live concert but it actually took place on a stage set at Warner Bros Studio...not some club with poor acoustics...it is DD 5.1 but it's worth having..after watching it the first time I just use it as an audio disc now...I have a low tolerance for anything that isn't HD quality video......the song list is superb and it was recorded in 1997 and John's voice is spot on and the performance is top notch.....if you lived in the US there are several options...not sure what you would have to pay in shipping to Canada..you can pick up a used copy for under $20 in the US...check this out https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/6305005273/ref=tmm_dvd_used_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=&sr=

I bought Premonition about 2 weeks ago on ebay... seller had a ton of them. This is GREAT sounding Dolby Digital... you would never suspect it using your ears alone!

Here's a link to the seller I bought from (took about 10 days to get it from Korea, but arrived nicely packaged... no problems)... they've got 10 left!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Fogert...738359?hash=item51e1fbfaf7:g:HIsAAOSw2ENW8WcB

I'm glad your item was good but that seller has been cited for selling pirated goods...read his negative reviews...how could they be legit at that price...his method of operation seems to be that he sells some legit items and some bogus ones...like I said I'm glad you got a good item and I once bought a fake Metallica disc on Ebay and I couldn't tell the difference with the legit one I already had by listening to it.....it was that good...the menu on the fake was different and the disc was darker(not silver)..some feel these Korean sellers that do this try to get information about you and sell it to identity theft hackers...like I said...I'm GLAD you got a good one:)

Tonight's randomly generated, kick-ass super surround playlist:

Jeff Beck "Play With Me" (Wired SACD)
Magenta "Pride" (Seven DD DVD)... GREAT dolby digital sound (this is not sarcasm) and classic prog rock
Derek And The Dominos "Layla" (The Elliott Scheiner mix, of course!)
Pixies "I Bleed" (Doolittle BD-A)...this song reminds me of "Jamie" by Weezer
King Crimson "One More Red Nightmare" (Red DVD-A)
Bryan Adams "Ain't Gonna Cry" (Reckless BD-A)... this was always my favorite song on this album as a teenager... it's also the most discretely mixed song on the album!
R.E.M. "How The West Was Won And Where It Got Us" (New Adventures In Hi-Fi DVD-A)
Opeth "The Funeral Portrait" (Blackwater Park DVD)... possibly my favorite surround metal album
Dio "Rainbow In The Dark"
Kiama "Cold Black Heart" (Sign of IV DVD)
Pink Floyd "Dark Side Of The Moon Side One" BD-A

I'm glad your item was good but that seller has been cited for selling pirated goods...read his negative reviews...how could they be legit at that price...his method of operation seems to be that he sells some legit items and some bogus ones...like I said I'm glad you got a good item and I once bought a fake Metallica disc on Ebay and I couldn't tell the difference with the legit one I already had by listening to it.....it was that good...the menu on the fake was different and the disc was darker(not silver)..some feel these Korean sellers that do this try to get information about you and sell it to identity theft hackers...like I said...I'm GLAD you got a good one:)

Whoa... guess I got lucky... it DOES have some asian-looking writing on it... I'm not sure how I would tell if it was a bootleg... it would be just my luck if my identity was stolen (it took me years to get it)

Styx "Return To Paradise" 1996 DD DVD-V... surround is ambience only, but MAN what a tight performance of all the hits... and Dennis DeYoung's vocals shine!

Listening to:

Frank_Zappa_Halloween.jpg

Mostly fronts, but not exclusively. Zeets is freakin crazy, and maybe even a bit silly, but at least it's Vinnie Colaiuta spinning all around the room. :upthumb

Nope, there's been others released since then including "2112" by RUSH, "Songs from the Big Chair" by Tears for Fears, "Sparkle in the Rain"/"Once Upon A Time" by Simple Minds, and all of the Rick Wakeman Quadraphonic releases.

Tears For Fears in DVDA ? And Sparkle In The Rain ??-DVDA ?? I must of missed those , always thought they were issued in Pure Audio Blu-ray only.
I learn something new each day on QQ .:D

Tears For Fears in DVDA ? And Sparkle In The Rain ??-DVDA ?? I must of missed those , always thought they were issued in Pure Audio Blu-ray only.
I learn something new each day on QQ .:D

The DVDA-V discs for those albums were only included in the relevant box sets. The Blu-Rays were the cheaper options for those albums.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back