Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim Bowness - Lost in the Ghost Light & Stupid Things That Mean the World DTS 24/96 5.1, both on one handy DVDV.

jfd0zZu.jpg

Last edited:
On a bit of a Sting in DTS CD mood last nite, so...

Brand New Day DTS CD 24 BIT. and. Ten Summoners Tales DTS CD 20 BIT.

Lot's of great surround throughout out these discs. :D

20170920_180206.jpg20170920_180223.jpg

The Best Of The Doors quad mix from the Blu ray.......mindblowing[listening to Love Me Two Times now btw]

ELP Tarkus DVD-A (48k 24b): I haven't spun this in a long, long time and it sounds much better than I remember, probably wasn't in the mood before. The surround mix is fine (the surrounds are well utilized) and the low end is not lacking. The Tarkus album was completely new to me when I got this, glad to have it.

Eagles-Hotel California SACD-the title tracks holds special meaning for me...my best friend and I used to go to this deserted hotel which was turned into a bar...BACK IN THE DAY...it was on a winding "country" road with no cops in sight and we took advantage of that situation...music blasting on the car radio and a cold beer in our hands(at this time the cops didn't care about drinking and driving)...the place just had that HOTEL CALIFORNIA look to it...at least the way I imagined it would be...good jukebox and a pool table...hot barmaid...everything screamed "cool place"....those were the days my friends:spot...what I wouldn't give to go back to that time period in my life:steering:

Eagles-Hotel California SACD-the title tracks holds special meaning for me...my best friend and I used to go to this deserted hotel which was turned into a bar...BACK IN THE DAY...it was on a winding "country" road with no cops in sight and we took advantage of that situation...music blasting on the car radio and a cold beer in our hands(at this time the cops didn't care about drinking and driving)...the place just had that HOTEL CALIFORNIA look to it...at least the way I imagined it would be...good jukebox and a pool table...hot barmaid...everything screamed "cool place"....those were the days my friends:spot...what I wouldn't give to go back to that time period in my life:steering:

Ooh, damn fine choice. :upthumb I'll put that on right after Queen - A Night at the Opera - original Scheiner mix. :worthy

I just grabbed a reasonably priced copy after months of hunting. Your post has me anxious for some quality listening time, hopefully this weekend.

I've never heard Tarkus, but I have the other three ELP DVD-A's and quite like them.

ELP Tarkus DVD-A (48k 24b): I haven't spun this in a long, long time and it sounds much better than I remember, probably wasn't in the mood before. The surround mix is fine (the surrounds are well utilized) and the low end is not lacking. The Tarkus album was completely new to me when I got this, glad to have it.

I just grabbed a reasonably priced copy after months of hunting. Your post has me anxious for some quality listening time, hopefully this weekend.

I've never heard Tarkus, but I have the other three ELP DVD-A's and quite like them.

Wait!..Tarkus is 48????
I could've sworn it was 96!!!!

Special meaning says it all about this track to me as well. 17 yrs 9 mths old on NYE going into 1977. Sitting on the sand at Manly beach waiting for a concert featuring (among others) Split Enz and Skyhooks. I'd set myself up with a bottle of vodka and a bunch of friends, one of whom brought along his 16 yo blonde sister who totally took a liking to me. As the sun went down the sound guy put on what turned out to be the Hotel California album which none of us had heard. Didn't even know it existed as we weren't really Eagles fans (more ELP etc) but someone picked up the distinctive sound of Joe Walsh's guitar and declared 'this must be the new Eagles album'. I'm instantly transported every time I play the title track (which is often).

This is probably the only surround track that I pictured in my mind before it was even released. I clearly had the four cornered guitar layout visualised, and my mind's eye absolutely nailed the dueling guitar solos at the end.

As for the blonde sister, let's just say the story didn't end there.

Sent from my Elephone_P3000S using Tapatalk

Wings-Venus And Mars DTS CD

nice quad mix.overall. (y)

I notice the title track is not as good (mix wise) as "Venus And Mars-Reprise"--lots more going on in the quad soundfield !

20170922_193733.jpg20170922_193742.jpg

Now, if only we could get RAM in quad .:smokin

Helmet of Gnats - Timeslip (multifun sacd)

If you dig Jeff Beck's 70's fusion style then you'll certainly dig this. Its discreet and its available for little tiny money through discogs or Amazon

Back