Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction Locked N’ Loaded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That might be what they ask for them, but this is what they actually sell for.
? how much....look at that post again and notice on the left side there are 17 people watching the item...they aren't all just window shopping...from my experience on Ebay when a price is just way out of range you don't get that many people watching it...not saying it will sell for asking but I've seen them sell for $2500...which isn't bad for an item that was $700...just saying

I had no issues with MakeMKV decrypting and making a backup. Make sure you are using the latest version. It gets updated regularly.
MakeMKV worked for me too, but the first second of It’s So Easy ended up as the last second of Welcome To The Jungle. Anyone else notice that MakeMKV has a tendency to do this when indexing chapters? Usually happens with tracks 1 and 2, though not exclusively.

I've tried a few times to listen to this album again recently, but to me, it's still the musical equivalent of nails on a chalkboard, and I doubt even ES' 5.1 mix can convince me otherwise, especially at the current prices, so for those of you love who it, great. I'm really glad, but as for me, I'll gladly sit this one out and save up my money for other things.

:)

Walked into my local JB HiFi store and there was the Super Deluxe Edition for $285 Australian. I could pick it up and feel the substantial weight of the whole package and ponder the exceptional reviews seen for the 5.1 mix. But $285 primarily for the 5.1 mix only!! I'm sure I'd love the experience of the Gunners pumping out at loud volume swirling around the room but ...... oh to have money.

I saw a Canadian bemoaning having to pay $183 Canadian dollars on the poll forum but 1 Australian dollar = 0.97 Canadian dollars. Do the math and it doesn't add up.

Can we get the tracks extracted from the Blu-ray to listen to separately in audacity?
I'm assuming you mean the channels? You'd need to make a decrypted backup of the Blu-ray with MakeMKV, extract the 5.1 audio track (Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master Audio on this release) with DVD Audio Extractor set to convert to FLAC or WAV, then import the resulting file(s) into Audacity (or your DAW of choice) and split the 6 channels into separate tracks. You could then solo each channel to hear it in isolation.

This applies to any Blu-ray or DVD, of course, with any surround format on it. Better results can be expected from lossless formats.

I've tried a few times to listen to this album again recently, but to me, it's still the musical equivalent of nails on a chalkboard, and I doubt even ES' 5.1 mix can convince me otherwise, especially at the current prices, so for those of you love who it, great. I'm really glad, but as for me, I'll gladly sit this one out and save up my money for other things.

I understand how you feel....I felt the same way with the Roxy Music self titled set...the vocals sounded like amateur night at a local karaoke bar...and to be candid...I have struggled mightily with quite a few of the progressive titles...even though they were well done with the Steven Wilson treatment... it's just a question of style.....and for those....like me...that crave rock...this is just awesome...and totally unexpected:D...and you are wise to save your money because one thing is a constant in surround circles...there will always be another new progressive surround title to buy...I wish that was the case with rock titles:(

Do you need AviSynth 2.5? I believe it's a video processing/editing program?
I don’t believe that I have this program installed on my PC. Perhaps it is needed for certain functions that I might not use. For example, in order for AudioMuxer to convert to DTS WAV you need to have Minnetonka SurCode installed.

MakeMKV worked for me too, but the first second of It’s So Easy ended up as the last second of Welcome To The Jungle. Anyone else notice that MakeMKV has a tendency to do this when indexing chapters? Usually happens with tracks 1 and 2, though not exclusively.

Did you check the indexing on a blu-ray player? I've had that problem before and it turned out that the indexes were just wrong in the blu-ray mastering.

Ryan, I'm in a similar, but nuanced situation. I've decided to save my $$ for now.
The album is a part of my growning up and musically enjoyable to me, mostly. I think it has a few weak songs, like "Think About You," but is rightfully considered a very solid debut.
My problem with the album is more ethical, as I've detailed before. Ironically, Gn'R lightens up, thematically, after Lies. The Use Your Illusion albums are much easier for me to accept and enjoy in mixed company! But, I also think they are less interesting, musically. I'm not sure whether they parted ways with their original drummer or what, but AFD is way more rhythmically appealing, to me. I find UYI I&II to be a bit of a snooze-fest, with occasional fun and catchy exceptions.
So, I'll probably be sitting out all expensive Gn'R sets. Still open to any inexpensive options, as I'd like to be able to cherry pick a song here or there.

? how much....look at that post again and notice on the left side there are 17 people watching the item...they aren't all just window shopping...from my experience on Ebay when a price is just way out of range you don't get that many people watching it...not saying it will sell for asking but I've seen them sell for $2500...which isn't bad for an item that was $700...just saying

I realize now I forgot to attach the proper link. It was the same set (new) from a recent sale that sold for only $150 over list.

The watch list really means nothing... only the sold listings mean anything.

When I see something I own and I am considering selling it, I will watch the same items (especially if they have a high asking price) to see if they sell for that price. I have no intention of buying them.

I will do the same thing for items I am looking to buy, I have been watching the same pre pro for 2 months now. The seller keeps thinking he can get more than its worth simply because he has not used it much and he's not accepting offers. The asking price started at $2200 for a $2500 retail unit.. Eventually it was relisted with a price of $1700. My trigger is set to $1400 or less. I determined that price from watching other identical pre pros and looking at completed auctions. Through it all there were watchers in the dozens. All probably looking to see only of it sells at a high price... never to buy.

At any give n time there could be a dozen items on my ebay watch list. I have no intention of buying any of them. I am looking to see how high the selling price goes for the one I may sell or plan to buy. So my guess is those 17 people are window shopping and doing exactly the same thing I do.... looking to see if that seller gets an unreasonably high price for something I may have or something I may want to buy.

All that being said, I think this GNR LNL set is a different animal. it is much more of a collectors item and I think it may well appreciate if left unopened.

Back