Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction Locked N’ Loaded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I realize now I forgot to attach the proper link. It was the same set (new) from a recent sale that sold for only $150 over list.

The watch list really means nothing... only the sold listings mean anything.

When I see something I own and I am considering selling it, I will watch the same items (especially if they have a high asking price) to see if they sell for that price. I have no intention of buying them.

I will do the same thing for items I am looking to buy, I have been watching the same pre pro for 2 months now. The seller keeps thinking he can get more than its worth simply because he has not used it much and he's not accepting offers. The asking price started at $2200 for a $2500 retail unit.. Eventually it was relisted with a price of $1700. My trigger is set to $1400 or less. I determined that price from watching other identical pre pros and looking at completed auctions. Through it all there were watchers in the dozens. All probably looking to see only of it sells at a high price... never to buy.

At any give n time there could be a dozen items on my ebay watch list. I have no intention of buying any of them. I am looking to see how high the selling price goes for the one I may sell or plan to buy. So my guess is those 17 people are window shopping and doing exactly the same thing I do.... looking to see if that seller gets an unreasonably high price for something I may have or something I may want to buy.

All that being said, I think this GNR LNL set is a different animal. it is much more of a collectors item and I think it may well appreciate if left unopened.

I agree with you on some things...but the watch list isn't one of them...it's very important to me...it is crucial when I want to list something...the value is that it gauges interest...whether it's casual or more involved...when I list things to sell the first thing I look for is a title that has some watchers on it...I know the title has interest and all I have to do is find a price that I can live with if I list it...some titles are "no brainers"...like Avalon...you just have to determine what price will work..

The example you mentioned about the pre pro involves a different buyer...buyers that purchase a "collectable" item are a different breed...and the fact that a new one sold for less doesn't hurt the seller in this type of market...it actually helps them...we are 3 years removed from the release of that item and the "new" copies are diminishing...which unlike a "use.."product...like the pre pro...doesn't decrease their value based on previous sales..

I agree with you on some things...but the watch list isn't one of them...it's very important to me...it is crucial when I want to list something...the value is that it gauges interest...whether it's casual or more involved...when I list things to sell the first thing I look for is a title that has some watchers on it...I know the title has interest and all I have to do is find a price that I can live with if I list it...some titles are "no brainers"...like Avalon...you just have to determine what price will work..

The example you mentioned about the pre pro involves a different buyer...buyers that purchase a "collectable" item are a different breed...and the fact that a new one sold for less doesn't hurt the seller in this type of market...it actually helps them...we are 3 years removed from the release of that item and the "new" copies are diminishing...which unlike a "use.."product...like the pre pro...doesn't decrease their value based on previous sales..

I basically agree with what you say as well. Where we disagree is the idea that a lengthy watch list, regardless of the type of item, is an indicator of the value a similar item might bring. To me it means nothing in that regard, especially on a buy it now auction.

Although listed for many times the original selling price, unless someone is willing to pay that price, its just noise, It indicates interest, to be sure,,,, but its not gonna be interest from real buyers at that price and does not indicate what a prospective buyer will pay for the item. To determine an expected selling price you need to look at the sold listings for that item. Or even completed listings, where you would also see all the listings that did not sell for that item, presumably because the asking price was too high. You need to be sure to compare apples to apples and to keep the date of the sale in mind. You cant compare a sale from 2 years ago to today.

I also know of sellers who will list an item with an unbelievably high price which they know will not sell in order to raise the market value for the item. Then the item can be sold at a moderately higher price because the buyer has been tricked into thinking he's getting a deal. My ex-father in law would do it all the time with antique jewelry and antique books he sold (also collectors items). He'd ask a crazy high price for something under one seller name, and actually sell them for much less, but for more than they are actually worth, under a second seller name. All the while the buyer thinks he' s getting a deal. And its even legal.

Im not gonna debate this any more. Well have to agree to disagree.

I agree and some might not think so but I bet they sell them all too...

So nobody actually knows how the price will develop in the coming months. However, most of the box sets had significant price drops, think about Roxy Music SDE or Pink Floyd The Early Years and many other examples. So we will see, some time it works, some time it doesn’t. :) Patience is the key. If the price of super SDE stays high, I will go for the regular SDE in autumn I guess.

Furthermore, 1,000 $/€ is a significant portion of the monthly income/pension for most of the people here I guess. This rules out ‘impulse ordering’ because you have to be really sure that you have enough money if this hits your bank account. Anyway, If I might order the box later on, I have to make sure that my wife is not at home on delivery day so I can sneek it secretly to my listening room.

Cheers,
Andreas

So nobody actually knows how the price will develop in the coming months. However, most of the box sets had significant price drops, think about Roxy Music SDE or Pink Floyd The Early Years and many other examples. So we will see, some time it works, some time it doesn’t. :) Patience is the key. If the price of super SDE stays high, I will go for the regular SDE in autumn I guess.

Furthermore, 1,000 $/€ is a significant portion of the monthly income/pension for most of the people here I guess. This rules out ‘impulse ordering’ because you have to be really sure that you have enough money if this hits your bank account. Anyway, If I might order the box later on, I have to make sure that my wife is not at home on delivery day so I can sneek it secretly to my listening room.

I think the $1k SDE is somewhat unique in that the manufacturing cost of the collectable pieces is at least as much if not significantly more than the cost of the AV media. So it may not follow the same logic as a run of the mill SDE.

There are 10,000 $1k sets and the band has a huge following, I do believe there are 10,000 GNR fans worldwide that have much more than $1k disposable income they can spend for something like this. You don't buy this set for the audio products.

I think the $1k SDE is somewhat unique in that the manufacturing cost of the collectable pieces is at least as much if not significantly more than the cost of the AV media. So it may not follow the same logic as a run of the mill SDE.

There are 10,000 $1k sets and the band has a huge following, I do believe there are 10,000 GNR fans worldwide that have much more than $1k disposable income they can spend for something like this. You don't buy this set for the audio products.

Exactly. People buying the $1k box are collectors. You're wasting your money if you buy it then open it to listen to the music. Unopened is what collectors in the future will be looking for. You're better off buying both the SDE and the Deluxe package if you are a collector and a fan of the music. Open and listen to the Deluxe package, safely store away the collectors box.

One thing about the Deluxe Edition I didn't like...the "loose" back cover information sheet...most of the sets come this way now...if they are going to put it under the shrink wrap in this loose condition why not enclose it in a transparent material that is stiffer and doesn't rip and show marks as easily...or better yet make the back cover sheet of more substantial material in the first place...but that's just a small quibble on this set...the black cover is just beautiful..very well done all the way thru the set(y)

On a side note...I wonder if ES started to chuckle when he heard "fucking" in so many verses:ROFLMAO:certainly a change of pace for him..

Clint - hey these kinda sets - Snood just slit the opening and tear just enough for the opening and stuff to slide out and keep the wrap on - keeps the insert on the back there pristine - just like the Fleetwood mac and many more :dance

Great, that's actually tempting - umh! Please note that this is a "weekend deal" which is valid until 9 am CEST on Monday only.

There's another offer for 827 Euro at dodax, they ship anywhere as far as I know:
https://www.dodax.de/de-de/musik-cd...-destruction-locked-nloaded-ed-dpKB884PUF10P/

I ordered a few times from them, they are a little bit slow with the delivery but usually reliable.

One thing about the Deluxe Edition I didn't like...the "loose" back cover information sheet...most of the sets come this way now...if they are going to put it under the shrink wrap in this loose condition why not enclose it in a transparent material that is stiffer and doesn't rip and show marks as easily...or better yet make the back cover sheet of more substantial material in the first place...but that's just a small quibble on this set...the black cover is just beautiful..very well done all the way thru the set(y)

On a side note...I wonder if ES started to chuckle when he heard "fucking" in so many verses:ROFLMAO:certainly a change of pace for him..

he took it all in his stride, he's Elliot F***ING Scheiner..!!! ;) :rocks

Elliot Scheiner does it again! I vote 10 for sure. The only thing missing is November Rain in glorious 5.1, but I guess it'll have to wait for Use Your Illusion Super Deluxe.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    635.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Back