Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction Locked N’ Loaded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my box from ImportCDs about an hour ago. Threw the disc in and did a quick listen to the 3 big hits. Obviously, I'm going to sit down and carefully listen to the whole thing before I vote and post my review, but I kind of want to vote a 10 right now just for the mix of "Sweet Child". Yes, it's pricey, but wow is this fun. If you love this album it's worth every penny. Be on the lookout for some more detailed thoughts later today.

Interesting sidenote: not sure if this is a me issue only, but this disc seems to have some more advanced copy protection as MakeMKV refuses to decrypt it. Had to take a free trial of RedFox AnyDVD to break the copy protection.

Received my box from ImportCDs about an hour ago. Threw the disc in and did a quick listen to the 3 big hits. Obviously, I'm going to sit down and carefully listen to the whole thing before I vote and post my review, but I kind of want to vote a 10 right now just for the mix of "Sweet Child". Yes, it's pricey, but wow is this fun. If you love this album it's worth every penny. Be on the lookout for some more detailed thoughts later today.

Interesting sidenote: not sure if this is a me issue only, but this disc seems to have some more advanced copy protection as MakeMKV refuses to decrypt it. Had to take a free trial of RedFox AnyDVD to break the copy protection.

That is werid .....my MAKEMKV decrypted just fine on an ancient Windows Vista laptop - had to put in the current register key though thru for July

For those who like waveforms. Definitely an active mix!

"Welcome To The Jungle"
Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 3.38.26 PM.png

"Sweet Child O' Mine"
Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 3.36.51 PM.png

The 1,000 $/€ box is listed now at all the big online shops here in Germany, including Amazon. Waiting for massive price drop now... :)

I had no issues with MakeMKV decrypting and making a backup. Make sure you are using the latest version. It gets updated regularly.

ES = Genius

First listen at home and the 5.1 really opens up this album beautifully. Very discrete. Never thought a hard rock album could be opened up so well. Usually just too much going on, but wow! Burned a dvd-a for my car, and wholly crap, I think it sounds even better. Will get a few good listens tomorrow on my drive to San Diego. Probably be a week or two before I get around to the cd's.

Are you going to wait to listen to the blu ray...or are you just going to jump in tonight:unsure:
I never wait....and I didn't....I'm on 4th song and I'm mesmerized. So, so cool.....this totally breathes life into this that I don't ever remember....the only bad thing is....this is some bad ass rock and roll and it is screaming to be cranked up......I'll wait till Mrs Gos is out to do that...

This mix is simply a blast and it rocks really hard...not muddy whatsoever, clean, clear...excellent. Dang...

[QUOTE="GOS, post: 377236, member: 7989"]I never wait....and I didn't....I'm on 4th song and I'm mesmerized. So, so cool.....this totally breathes life into this that I don't ever remember....the only bad thing is....this is some bad ass rock and roll and it is screaming to be cranked up......I'll wait till Mrs Gos is out to do that...

This mix is simply a blast and it rocks really hard...not muddy whatsoever, clean, clear...excellent. Dang...[/QUOTE]

Talk about Expedited Delivery TO YOUR EARS. Enjoy, GOS 3.0!! And to coincide with the 4th, Appetite is indeed a BLAST!:love:

Back