The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brew day went as planned, no hiccups. Just about to oxygenate and pitch the yeast, attach the blow-off tube and we're done. Should be ready for kegging in 2 weeks.

Time to share, this time with my mother-in-law. She quite enjoys sours so I opened a can of Steel Bender Brewyard "Blackberry Dynamite" (5.0% abv, 5 ibu).
Steel-Bender-Blackberry-Dynamite-Sour.jpg

I'm curious what you use for water for your beer?

I'm curious what you use for water for your beer?

Almost always we use jugs of purified drinking water. The regular water here from the taps varies all the time in pH levels (she of course has a pH meter to check stuff) and it's an issue a lot of the breweries here have to deal with.

This is a tasty sour from a newish brewery, Toasted Barrel, that specializes in the funk. They've pretty much got one beer that's straightforward, an IPA, and pretty much everything else is barrel-aged, soured, farmhouse/saison, etc... They do have a damn fine blonde ale, usually a pretty boring beer, but theirs is 7.5% and uses belgian yeast, and packs a ton of flavor.

1548551504098.png

Well, we had several great brews last night at Little Machine Beer in Denver but the most important part is that there was a "Class A Flare" when timbre4 and I got together and had a LOT of fun (no police was involved).. A truly fun , smart and witty guy...always great meeting wonderful people..
Tim + I .jpg

e1c7de3e7b234e055ff6892df4ca1b29.jpg

Oh boy...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't sell Cigar City stuff here in NM but I've scored a couple cans before in a swap and at a shop in Denver when I was up there....that's a dang fine brew.

This afternoon after spending a couple hours in the company of 20 or so loud screaming 5-6 year old girls (birthday party) I was *very* ready for a cold one. The party was at a place that took me very close to Steel Bender Brewyard to I stopped in after to fill a 32oz growler with their "Ettu Brute" IPA (6.9% abv, 65 ibu). As the name strongly suggests, it's one of these newfangled brut IPA's and it may just be the best one I've had so far, very crisp, effervescent.
Steel-Bender-Ettu-Brute-IPA.jpg

Well, we had several great brews last night at Little Machine Beer in Denver but the most important part is that there was a "Class A Flare" when timbre4 and I got together and had a LOT of fun (no police was involved).. A truly fun , smart and witty guy...always great meeting wonderful people..
View attachment 38085
Awesome....love seeing form get-together pics. I know Abq ain't a big holiday destination (tho it is a beer destination now!)...if ever any y'all coming though this way....yeah.

Back