The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight's brew: TF Brewing Trippel 10.2%. One of the newest breweries in the Salt Lake area, but started by a brewer who has a long history of commercial brewing in Utah. Very fine Trippel. Good Trippels are rare, and they're a style that seems to be really underrepresented.

1547181097091.png

Man, that doesn't even look like a beer, looks like a peach shake! I assume this is one of the new "milkshake" IPA styles I've read about but have yet to come across.

Not a milkshake IPA, just a *very" hazy unfiltered NEIPA. The milkshakes use some lactose to make it "creamier." Odell make their "Cloud Catcher" milkshake IPA that's pretty good and probably easy to find.

I do like a good hazy, juicy IPA. Have you had Bubble Stash by Hop Valley?

Have not had the Bubble Stash...don't see that one down this way so maybe next time I'm up in Oregon, or a quick look tells me they sell bottles in Colorado so when I'm up there in August for Bryan Ferry I'll be able to check for it - will add to my wish list I guess! Last time up in Portland I did get their "Citrus Mistress" and "Alpha Centauri."

I'm on a business trip and I've a terrible confession to make :eek: I've just drunk a few pints of ........:poop: lager.....it wasn't my fault they don't have Real Ale here, it was that or :sick: water, when I get home next week I'll make up for it by drinking plenty of decent Ale, I promise :devilish:

I always think the best way to do business is over a few pints... :hi

Stopped by Counterweight brewing after an indoor track meet in New Haven (my kid's meet, not mine). They had a bunch of good NEIPAs on tap. Here is one of them, very typical of the style and pretty tasty. Ignore the mug root beer which somehow managed to photobomb the shot
Space Coyote.jpeg

Back