Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's interesting that the version you posted from discogs doesn't list it as multichannel...but it is a PAL version....which would fit a European release...and this version is multi-channel and originated in Argentina....is discogs wrong...or isn't your version in surround?...and then we have the double dip situation with a blu ray and a dvd bundled together here

I have a love/hate relationship with Peter Gabriel...love some of his songs..but I usually hate the audio quality of his releases...
Mine is an EU PAL release (2003) 16:9 Anamorphic with DD 5.1, DTS 5.1 & DD 2.0 Barcode 5050466859624 - can't remember what the surround is like!

Loggins & Messina - Sittin' In Again At The Santa Barbara Bowl (DVD)

I had high hopes for this seeing that Mr. Scheiner's name is attached, and I am not disappointed at all. It's very discrete. Mixed exactly like the Eagles' Farewell Tour: Main guitars and rhythm section upfront, with keys, sax, backing vocals, and some secondary guitars or mandolins isolated in the rears.

The flute and sax solos in "Angry Eyes" are completely isolated in the rears, just like in the quad mix of the studio version.

There's also a nice audience interaction moment at the end, where the crowd sings the chorus of "Danny's Song" (from the rears, of course :)).

Perhaps the best aspect of this disc is that almost the entire Sittin' In album, which never got the quad treatment, is represented on here. Only one track ("Rock 'n' Roll Mood") is missing. I could easily just SPEC that track and voila, I've got Sittin' In in surround!

Definitely don't hesitate to check this out, even if you've got all the quad mixes.

"Angry Eyes":

"Back To Georgia":

I don't think we have a poll for this one...

Last edited:

I had high hopes for this seeing that Mr. Scheiner's name is attached, and I am not disappointed at all. It's very discrete. Mixed exactly like the Eagles' Farewell Tour: Main guitars and rhythm section upfront, with keys, sax, backing vocals, and some secondary guitars or mandolins isolated in the rears.

The flute and sax solos in "Angry Eyes" are completely isolated in the rears, just like in the quad mix of the studio version.

There's also a nice audience interaction moment at the end, where the crowd sings the chorus of "Danny's Song" (from the rears, of course :)).

Perhaps the best aspect of this disc is that almost the entire Sittin' In album, which never got the quad treatment, is represented on here. Only one track ("Rock 'n' Roll Mood") is missing. I could easily just SPEC that track and voila, I've got Sittin' In in surround!

Definitely don't hesitate to check this out, even if you've got all the quad mixes.

"Angry Eyes":
View attachment 38739

"Back To Georgia":
View attachment 38740

Of all the concert shows I have, I play this one as often as any. There is just something about this unique and exceptional band that gives me the feeling of honest intimate music that never gets old. I get emotional watching this show. There is also the deep history going back to the Buffalo Springfield. I never got to see this group in person; but I'm comforted by knowing I can always plug this in and find myself immersed into a magical evening.

Thanks for highlighting this one Jonathan!

Of all the concert shows I have, I play this one as often as any. There is just something about this unique and exceptional band that gives me the feeling of honest intimate music that never gets old. I get emotional watching this show. There is also the deep history going back to the Buffalo Springfield. I never got to see this group in person; but I'm comforted by knowing I can always plug this in and find myself immersed into a magical evening.

Thanks for highlighting this one Jonathan!

"Angry Eyes":
View attachment 38739

"Back To Georgia":
View attachment 38740

Wow, I don't own this one..not sure how I missed it.

Wow, I don't own this one..not sure how I missed it.

The only negative thing I can say about it is the content....now that I'm playing it I remember why it didn't get much attention from me...it's got a "country" flavor to it...and I really don't like country music(as a whole)...but I'm a little more accepting of these songs now...it's not that "twang" stuff...it's as much folk as it is country...and in their favor is that after 30 years(in the 70's) their sound is still good...they were in their late 50's when they did this...now they are both 71 years old....of course we all know that 70 is the new 50(years old)….if you like the music it's a no brainer😁

Back