Neil Young - Chrome Dreams II

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1679

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
from Billboard

The album will also be available with a bonus DVD featuring "super-saturated" high-resolution audio and a moving video image.

I suppose not surround really but still sounds good to me, and the fact that it's got "Ordinary People" on it makes it a must have for me.

Anything with "Neil Young" on it is a must have for me.

What really disappoints me is that the one NY album that I did not care for in the last 10 years or so came out on a 5.1 DVD-A, as well as two CD versions with DVD's. I tried but I just could not get into "Greendale". I would have preferred "Are You Passionate" or "Praire Wind" in 5.1 instead.

I tried but I just could not get into "Greendale". I would have preferred "Are You Passionate" or "Praire Wind" in 5.1 instead.

I bought a DVD-A copy of Greendale last week, but I left it sealed because I am not sure about that one either. I saw the movie, and it was underwhelming. :rolleyes: Mike.

Just got this email from Neil Young Ticketing. You can order presale tickets and get his new CD "for free".

Check it out

I hope you're right but it sounds like a leap of faith.

I believe I have seen that silly term on other Neil Young 96kHz/24-bit LPCM DVD-V's, or at least in the advertisements for them. I have several he has done that way, he is likely to do the same once again.

Chris

I bought a DVD-A copy of Greendale last week, but I left it sealed because I am not sure about that one either. I saw the movie, and it was underwhelming. :rolleyes: Mike.

The acoustic version of Greendale available on the Live At Vicar St. DVD-V is the best one IMO. It's best offered stream is DTS but I think this piece of music generally comes off better with a minimalist approach. The reason it works better is that there is a lot a narrative between songs where Neil explains the plot. It's a lot more intimate and hangs together better. It's really the only way to experience this piece of music.

Last edited:
The acoustic version of Greendale available on the Live At Vicar St. DVD-V is the best one IMO. It's best offered stream is DTS but I think this piece of music generally comes off better with a minimalist approach. The reason it works better is that there is a lot a narrative between songs where Neil explains the plot. It's a lot more intimate and hangs together better. It's really the only way to experience this piece of music.

Actually I just listened to the Vicar Street in it's entirety again and I fully believe that this is the only way to truly experience Greendale. Any Neil fans out there that don't like Greendale or are on the fence should try this one. Especially like the oscillating megaphone and the pump organ that he uses on stage.

Just saw this on the CD Wow site

NEIL YOUNG - Chrome Dreams II (CD+DVD Audio)

£10.99
Save: up to 30%
Delivery: Free!
Release/Despatch Date: Monday 15 Oct

Tracklisting:
CD:
Beautiful Bluebird
Boxcar
Ordinary People
Shining Light
The Believer
Spirit Road
Dirty Old Man
Ever After
No Hidden Path
The Way
DVD:
Entire Album Mixed In 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound

:confused:

£10.99

Tracklisting:
CD:
Beautiful Bluebird
Boxcar
Ordinary People
Shining Light
The Believer
Spirit Road
Dirty Old Man
Ever After
No Hidden Path
The Way
DVD:

I am surprised its surround to be quite honest the last few double disc packs have been very good LPCM stereo, at proper audiophile rates.

Still im tempted as its neil young

I still wonder if it was his idea to stop issuing DVD-A's or the labels edict. He was such a flag bearer of the format.

£10.99

Tracklisting:
CD:
Beautiful Bluebird
Boxcar
Ordinary People
Shining Light
The Believer
Spirit Road
Dirty Old Man
Ever After
No Hidden Path
The Way
DVD:

It's worth a shot at $19.95 USD and free shipping (about the same as Amazon).

Back