4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most fans who have heard it I have noticed prefer that 70s quad mix over the 5.1 mix on the DVD-A from 1999.

There is a instrumental clarity on that quad mix that I find just stunning. The big hit "No More Mr. Nice Guy" might not have quite the same drive as the hit stereo mix, but the increase in clarity, spaciousness, and interesting alternate way to hear this exceptional album outweigh it's slight oddness one might notice after hearing the standard mix for so long. It's a lovely mix, so fresh, sparkly 70's Hi-Fi and fun.
Correct, another release where the quad mix is superior to the 5.1 mix. I'm hoping they release ZZ Top Tres Hombres, the best discrete quad mix I've heard.

Really hoping for Gordon Lightfoot's two quad albums to come out eventually as part of this renewed campaign, Sundown and Cold on the Shoulder. I would love for one of them to be among the June releases. Previous posters have mentioned Gord's Gold on their wish lists, but there was no quad release of that, as far as I know, just the two studio albums I noted.
Sundown & Cold on the Shoulder would be wonderful!

Really hoping for Gordon Lightfoot's two quad albums to come out eventually as part of this renewed campaign, Sundown and Cold on the Shoulder. I would love for one of them to be among the June releases. Previous posters have mentioned Gord's Gold on their wish lists, but there was no quad release of that, as far as I know, just the two studio albums I noted.
I agree, these two Lightfoot albums would be great to have.

Welcome to QQ! :)

I was going to make a joke about hoping that this set includes something from Mystic Moods Orchestra. Then I did some digging into it and found out that the orchestra was founded by a fellow named Brad Miller. He also happens to be the original founder of Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs. 😯 So whatever you want to call the genre, i.e. R&B Easy Listening, I would bet that these Mystic Moods quads sound (to steal the @marpow quote) "Really f###ing good."
Brad Miller started releasing DTS-CD's way back. I have I think about 6 of them. (Mystic Moods)

Welcome to the forum rasalas!

That reminds me - they are going to be $24.98 each, not 29.98 as I originally stated.

and please don't forget everyone, these will ONLY be sold directly by Rhino. No other sources will be available, so you're not going to get them from Deep Discount or other places.

BUT>>>>>>This is GOOD. So you may not find them for $19.95 somewhere, but what it will insure is that WB/Rhino makes a proper profit on them, which would only beget MORE QUADIO!!!

$25 is well worth it IMHO, and the more the merrier! Right? I am sure you all can agree on this point

and please don't forget everyone, these will ONLY be sold directly by Rhino. No other sources will be available, so you're not going to get them from Deep Discount or other places.

BUT>>>>>>This is GOOD. So you may not find them for $19.95 somewhere, but what it will insure is that WB/Rhino makes a proper profit on them, which would only beget MORE QUADIO!!!

$25 is well worth it IMHO, and the more the merrier! Right? I am sure you all can agree on this point
Whatever it took for @ForagingRhino to convince the Warners suits to let him open up the Quadio spigot, it's all right by me. Let's have his back. (And, as long as I'm trotting out one cliche after another: let's put our money where our mouths are!)

that's wonderful! 🎉 😍
hoping they will also be available for purchase by Quaddies outside the U.S.? 🙏 🤞

$25 a pop is fine by me, i'm sure i will have paid way more than that for Q8s and/or minty CD-4 LP's of the 4 titles and - absolutely - the more, the merrier.. indeed! let's be 'avin' a ball, let's be 'avin' 'em all! 🥳

But wait........
Are we going to get special Rhino collectors edition slipcovers for these? Could be a deal breaker if not...... :LOL:
they could come in brown paper bags for all i care! 😅🤣

although if AF hadn't already done "Muscle Of Love" maybe that one would have come in a brown paper package.. 🤔🤪

But wait........
Are we going to get special Rhino collectors edition slipcovers for these? Could be a deal breaker if not...... :LOL:
perhaps....................

rhino_solid_logo_tote.png

Oh really. I must have missed that if it was previously mentioned. As long as Rhino now has their web order system under control and working. They went through a (really) bad period not long ago. But I won't dwell on that right now.

But yeah, ordering only from Rhino, kinda like a Handmade series set. ok.

I do wanna rock & roll right now and give my system a good loud yet wonderous workout. I'm not so into Carly, Gordon, Seals & Crofts, and the lighter acoustic set just right now, but I would be ok with either Randy Newman knock-out classics "Sail Away" or "Good Old Boys" but those are Reprise releases so I take it they are not yet in the pipeline (coming soon enough I'd think). Spring is in the air, summer is coming, and covid is about all over now as far as I'm concerned. It is about time to turn up the music and rock the walls down.

We need that US quad mix of Machine Head (never released again after '74). Paranoid was dangled in front of us in a stereo fold-down of the Warner Brothers quad mix not long ago, that was cruelty, and this is a chance for them to rectify that awfully mean tease. And then Alice Cooper Band's classy but still deranged masterwork. So there are two out of the three is all I'm asking for there. I'd like to know if Purple's Burn album really got mixed to quad, or is a pure fantasy? See Alice is so high on the list here as there was no consumer quad reel to reel issued of that one.

The Atlantic quad title is quite potentially exciting ain't it. I would pre-order all four of these Quadios not even knowing which titles have been selected for this batch. That is saying something on how excited I am about these. And if you look at the history of Rhino/Warner with the Qudio releases, they gave us CTA, Aretha Hits, Chicago's complete quad library from deep in the vaults, and a Doobies complete quad box set. There has not been a dud or a release where I asked myself "why" or even ...umm, ok. They are all classic albums that sold well and charted tons of hits. Like a bunch of us here, I'm standing by ready with my cc#.

Back