4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered two of the bundles - one for me and one for my brother. Got immediate order confirmation and thanks from Rhino*. Never did receive a shipment notice and have yet to receive any of the discs. Man, I really want to crank Paranoid in a major way after seeing your pic!
Sorry - didn't mean to malign SDE in my post. I meant Rhino dammit!

no shipping notices or anything, I ordered these about three hours before rhino release day email arrived in my box , I hope they put my order in a box, I need the cases not to be broken. but I know thats too much to ask for. I am in maryland so I guess I'll be among the last to get mine. Since the sabbath has sold out, I hope mine is in there. I predict the next to sell out will be the cooper, I bet the J. geils And JS take longer with the k geils being the last. I sure hope cooper sells out, I want a Quadio of Muscle of Love.

As expected, the remaining 3 Quadios arrived yesterday in Calif.
Friday, Sabbath.
Saturday, remaining three.
Listened to all of Paranoid yesterday, fantastic, better than the 5.1 I own.
Next few days try to get full listens of the other three, probably start with J Geils.
In Northern Nevada I got Sabbath on Saturday so I'm holding out hope that I'm just a day behind those of you in Nor Cal and I'll get the other three tomorrow and have some nice July 4th listening. :)

no shipping notices or anything, I ordered these about three hours before rhino release day email arrived in my box , I hope they put my order in a box, I need the cases not to be broken. but I know thats too much to ask for. I am in maryland so I guess I'll be among the last to get mine. Since the sabbath has sold out, I hope mine is in there. I predict the next to sell out will be the cooper, I bet the J. geils And JS take longer with the k geils being the last. I sure hope cooper sells out, I want a Quadio of Muscle of Love.

Well, Audio Fidelity already released the Quad version of Muscle Of Love...here's a new copy for $79 on ebay. Sure, pricey...depends on how MOL - ebaymuch you want it.

Well, Audio Fidelity already released the Quad version of Muscle Of Love...here's a new copy for $79 on ebay. Sure, pricey...depends on how MOL - ebaymuch you want it.
I know one of the selling points of these releases is that the mixes were never released before in a digital format. I wonder if they will stick to that in the future?

Although it wasn't a "Quadio" release, Rhino did issue The Best Of The Doors quad that had already been released by AF. (Although that was just basically a bonus feature on that set.) Was it something about the sales of this set that pushes them to release only previously-unissued mixes?

I hope not. I would love to see MOL, Best of Bread, the America titles, Spectrum, and any other WEA/Rhino titles re-released. These are albums I'd gladly pay ~$20 to have. But I don't love them so much that I'm willing to pay $80+ in the secondary market.

Wow. Cranking up “Paranoid” for the first time. I’ve NEVER been a Black Sabbath fan and never before owned anything by them. (Although one would have to have lived in a cave for 50 years to not be familiar with most of the material on this album). So I wasn’t expecting much from this release beyond just to have it. But this mix is really fun! Makes the music so much more enjoyable just as quad was intended.

bravo Mike Butcher!

My Paranoid shipped separately from the other 3 discs too. Not sure why, but am guessing it has to do with the licensing issues of the Paranoid quad. Still haven't received them, but I'm in flyover country.

My Paranoid shipped separately from the other 3 discs too. Not sure why, but am guessing it has to do with the licensing issues of the Paranoid quad. Still haven't received them, but I'm in flyover country.
I think everyone got a separate email for the shipment of Paranoid from the others. Not sure why. Maybe they were pressed/packaged/shipped from a different place? I know they pressed more of this album than the others. Maybe that had something to do with it? Who knows. Doesn’t matter much to me as long as I get them all eventually and got the “bundle” discount.

Unfortunately, “Iron Man” is still on this album. One of my most despised rock songs of all time and (other than Ozzy’s singing in general) probably my main reason for never liking Sabbath. :ROFLMAO:
Bite your tongue! Iron Man is the very song that got my 12-year old self into hard rock in the first place, and thus holds a special place in my heart! (although the first time I heard it was a band playing in my middle school gym and NOT actual Sabbath version. But I just HAD to run out and get the album.)

Bite your tongue! Iron Man is the very song that got my 12-year old self into hard rock in the first place, and thus holds a special place in my heart! (although the first time I heard it was a band playing in my middle school gym and NOT actual Sabbath version. But I just HAD to run out and get the album.)
Yep. I know a lot of people love that song and often for similar reasons. I get that. And that’s cool and what music is about, IMO—that special connection people make with it. I certainly don’t think anyone is “wrong” or look down upon anyone who loves music that I don’t like.

But if I have to endure so many negative comments on this forum about 80s music that I love and others can’t stand for various reasons, I’m going to express my hatred for “Iron Man” as well. :ROFLMAO:

I will say though that I have found I like this album much more than I thought I would thanks to this quad mix. Although on repeated listenings I’ll probably skip “that” track. :LOL:

If your speakers aren't matched, I would suggest putting the larger ones in the back for mixes like this, especially if you listen to more multichannel mixes than you do stereo.
I have no way to easily do that (short of pulling the receiver from against the wall and re-wiring the speakers which I don’t really want to do) but I’ve always been happy with the sound I get out of my rear satellites and this album is no exception. But maybe I don’t know what I’m missing? 🤷‍♂️

Back