Wham! - Fantastic & Make It Big Atmos Blu-Ray Audios w/bonus tracks (SDE Surround Series #19 & #20) March 22, 2024 (Delayed until April 26)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have mixed feelings about Wham!, I dislike a lot of their hits but "Everything She Wants", "I'm Your Man" and "The Edge of Heaven" are songs I can quite appreciate. Those are probably the ones that show a glimpse of the more mature George Michael to come. I'm not familiar with the songs that weren't hits...

Encouraged by Andrew Ridgeley, George Michael Entertainment and Sony to ‘finish’ the Wham! story with this SDE-exclusive Make It Big blu-ray, we have included the two singles that were released afterwards.
This sounds very promising that Michael his solo output can be released on blu ray as well.

I see a triple album bundle two Whams! and Paul Young, $84 + $16 shipping = a flat $100 usd. About $33 each instead of the normal ~$40 each with shipping. Tempting, might spring for it since I was on the fence about Paul Young.

I cancelled my Paul Young preorder and ordered the "'80s bundle." Indeed $100 for me as well, not too bad.

Ordered "Make it Big" for sure. Pure 80s pop goodness, IMHO. Learned how to dance some swing to "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go." And "Careless Whisper" was one of those songs for me that came around at a time in my life that fit the lyrics to a tee.

Hopefully this means that "Faith" will be released in this format somewhere down the road...

I'm in...must wait on a Paypal $$$$ transfer; just drained it with Machine Head 50th. Hope to save by cancelling Paul Young stand alone and get the tri-bundle also. Sigh...a Completist I am but I really like some of these tunes. Last Christmas has become a modern classic standard and I must hear the Pudding Mix(?) in Atmos!

Something that I want to note that hasn't been touched on yet is that the bonus offerings in both Atmos and stereo are pretty great! I'm not a heavy fan of George Michael or Wham, so I'm not aware if there are any noteworthy omissions, but essentially doubling the tracklist in surround sound content is worth celebrating. A big reason I didn't order Soft Cell's album in Atmos was because it didn't have an Atmos mix of the "Tainted Love/Where Did Our Love Go" single, which I feel is their best release of the era.

Last edited:
Back