Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You beat me to the punch.
The Atmos mix is indeed awesome, but as you said, It's a bit to much.
It's a pass for me. I don't see myself going back to it in the future.
It's just not my cuppa - couldn't make it through the third track. The Atmos mix is excellent, but to me it's just sounds I don't like hitting me from more directions.

If this is your first exposure to Collier, it's really worth going back and tracking down the YouTube videos he produced as a teenager. I especially love "I Saw Three Ships" and "Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing"; YMMV. (There are a couple dozen to choose from.) You'd think that, because of how they were put together, all of his juvenilia would be ripe for Atmos remixes, complete with videos. He's also done a bunch of "Logic Session Breakdown" videos showing that he's clearly got the know-how and the mixing chops.
I only just saw this today, and never heard of Collier before. I'm in awe.

Thanks for the French79 recommendation - that was right up my alley. The first track on the album went straight to my top tier atmos playlist - really epic sound and Daft Punkky vibe

So I was browsing the Ben Dodson's Spatial database again when the name "French WiFi" caught my eye.
I said to myself, well I like French music and and I have WiFi at home and on my cellphone, so let's give it a listen.

Nahh, just kidding ;)

I haven't got a chance to listen to it yet, but If someone has the time to give it a go, do let us know if it's any good.

So I was browsing the Ben Dodson's Spatial database again when the name "French WiFi" caught my eye.
I said to myself, well I like French music and and I have WiFi at home and on my cellphone, so let's give it a listen.

Nahh, just kidding ;)

I haven't got a chance to listen to it yet, but If someone has the time to give it a go, do let us know if it's any good.

Listening now while watching footy.
Humm...I've usually got an open mind to most music except Opera.
Not much Atmos happening with this one.
And I find the music a bit lame.

There we are, I'm sure another listener will have a different view point but it's not to my taste.

Three albums. The third probably has the broadest appeal.

But first a single: this lovely little piano cover of Perfect Day from Wim Wenders’ new film Perfect Days. Not great surround but…

Probably not everyone’s cup of tea. It has a “background” music quality to it. But there’s some interesting surround activity. I’m finding it pleasantly hypnotic.

I’ve also been listening to this, another instrumental album. Its music is more challenging and interesting but it isn’t “alienating” like it might seem. And can one really argue with an album that’s cover is a simple shot of Abbey Road’s legendary Studio 2?

And I’m *really* enjoying this album…

Last edited:
Back