Buckingham & Fleetwood Mac part ways

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. Others on the calendar that I missed the first time:

Aussie Floyd in Sept (close but not quite as good as Brit Floyd IMHO)
The Zander family band is interesting... Robin Zander from Cheap Trick and his family
Bob Dylan in October
Brian Wilson in November with a meet and greet option
Herbie Hancock in February

Herbie Hancock and Chic Corea have been coming to Clearwater a lot over the years...they have been regulars at a free jazz festival...they are both in their late 70's now...but still appear here...

Nice. Others on the calendar that I missed the first time:

Aussie Floyd in Sept (close but not quite as good as Brit Floyd IMHO)
The Zander family band is interesting... Robin Zander from Cheap Trick and his family
Bob Dylan in October
Brian Wilson in November with a meet and greet option
Herbie Hancock in February

Just got an email about a festival down by the water in the park...I used to go to these...great weather and open air....4 days

c0AHvTeD.jpg

:unsure::whistle::unsure::cry:

Think Stevie screwed up The Chain - Neil does an OK voice fill for Lindsey - but but but but whyyyyyyyyyy Neil whyyyyyyyyy??

She's 70 years old and some notes aren't as easy to hit so you make some changes....I think they are going to have some problems doing all THESE tour dates...way too many...a new show every 2 or 3 days in a different city...I know they want to make as much money as they can now...but I can't see them doing all those tour dates...I think Neil is a good fit...at the end of the day it's the songs that people love...not the band members:cool:

You can sure tell Stevie is in charge. I thought they did a fine job on those two songs. Christine looks great and Neil looks as old as the original members. So, he fits right in. :LOL:

My take. It reminds me of the days when Billy Burnett was in the band. Without Lindsey, they’re not bad, just different. I would be very interested in hearing a brand new FM album with Campbell and Finn. Though, hard to replace Lindsey’s stellar guitar playing and sound. You can hear it’s missing in those two videos.

You can sure tell Stevie is in charge. I thought they did a fine job on those two songs. Christine looks great and Neil looks as old as the original members. So, he fits right in. :LOL:

My take. It reminds me of the days when Billy Burnett was in the band. Without Lindsey, they’re not bad, just different. I would be very interested in hearing a brand new FM album with Campbell and Finn. Though, hard to replace Lindsey’s stellar guitar playing and sound. You can hear it’s missing in those two videos.

Christine is Perfect:D and Neil is just a pup at 60 years old...speaking of Lindsey...he will be 69 in October:eek:..where did all those decades go:unsure:

"You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you. "

"The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older...….Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"....who knew Pink Floyd could impart such wisdom....it takes so long to really "figure" out your life and then it's almost gone...I try not to live in the past....but now I can see all the time I wasted...it's sad to have this revelation now.... when you are powerless to change those events...therein lies the power of music...it can soothe your soul or torture you with unpleasant memories...that's why some songs that I actually love I can't bear to listen to anymore...it triggers memories or events in my life that I try to block out...

"The Chain" is probably my favorite FM song, so I'm a bit partial, however what I saw and heard on Ellen was so flat. Hopefully Neil can loosen up a bit and get comfortable immersing himself in these amazing songs. The band definitely overcomes their age when they play off each other. For a comparison, take a look and listen to this version back in 2015. Fleetwood Mac, The Chain, Pepsi Center, April 1 2015

Not surprisingly, Billboard is reporting that Buckingham is now suing his former bandmates:

Lindsey Buckingham Sues Former Fleetwood Mac Bandmates for Kicking Him Out of Group

He estimates his earnings from the 2018 North American tour would have been upwards of $14 million.
Lindsey Buckingham is suing his former Fleetwood Mac bandmates, alleging they conspired to kick him out of the band without just cause.

According to a lawsuit filed Tuesday in Los Angeles County Superior Court and reviewed by Billboard, he is now seeking damages for lost wages from the band's upcoming tour and more that his legal team estimates could equal upwards of $14 million from the North American dates alone.

While common belief around Buckingham's departure from the band -- which has been perpetuated by its members -- is that he refused to tour this year and instead wanted to focus on his solo career, in the suit the songwriter, lead guitarist and vocalist claims that is untrue. While he admits to asking his bandmates to tour later in the year so he might release and promote his own album first, he says he conceded to their timeline when they refused to budge.

Buckingham also claims he was willing to accommodate Stevie Nicks' demand the band perform no more than three shows a week. And even though he was looking to fill the rest of his schedule with solo performances on an accompanying side tour, he states the Fleetwood Mac tour would have been his priority.

Still, Buckingham says, he was booted unceremoniously and without warning just days after Fleetwood Mac's performance at the 2018 MusiCares ceremony in January. "After 43 years of camaraderie and friendship, not a single member of Fleetwood Mac has returned any of Buckingham's phone calls to provide him with an explanation for his purported expulsion from Fleetwood Mac," the suit states.

Ironically, the band did postpone the tour to accommodate Buckingham's replacements, guitarist Mike Campbell and vocalist Neil Finn.

Buckingham joined Fleetwood Mac in 1975 with Nicks and contributed to the group's most popular recordings until he left in 1987 to pursue a solo career. He rejoined the group in 1997 and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with the band the following year.

"The goodwill that Fleetwood Mac enjoys, and which led to the 2018-2019 proposed Fleetwood Mac tour and partnership opportunity, are inextricably linked with Buckingham's contribution to Fleetwood Mac over a 33-year-period as a songwriter, one of the Band's lead vocalists, lead guitarist, and arranger and/or producer of the Band's recordings, in addition to his role as the musical director of the Band's live performances," the lawsuit states.

According to a spokesperson for Fleetwood Mac, as of Thursday (Oct. 11) the band had not yet seen the complaint.

She said, “It's impossible for the band to offer comment on a legal complaint they have not seen. It's fairly standard legal procedure to service the complaint to the parties involved, something that neither Mr. Buckingham nor his legal counsel have done. Which makes one wonder what the true motivations are when servicing press first with a legal complaint before the parties in dispute."

Buckingham issued his own statement, saying, "Last January, Fleetwood Mac made the decision to continue to tour without me. I remain deeply surprised and saddened, as this decision ends the beautiful forty three year legacy we built together.

"Over the last eight months, our many efforts to come to an agreement have unfortunately proved elusive. I'm looking forward to closure, and will always remain proud of all that we created, and what that legacy represents."

Buckingham is suing Nicks, 70, Mick Fleetwood, 71, Christine McVie, 75, and John McVie, 72, for breach of fiduciary duty, breach of oral contract and intentional interference with prospective economic advantage. He is seeking compensatory damages, a constructive trust over monies "wrongfully appropriated" by the defendants in violation of their fiduciary duty as partners, accounting and attorneys fees.

This is sad...a band member is suing because he's not in the band anymore...geeze...and the fact he released this complaint in the press and not to the band is bush league...I have always enjoyed Lindsey's contributions to the band but this changes everything for me...his complaints were pretty well known to the rest of the world....he didn't want to play some songs..he didn't want to tour now...and now he's trying to spin it like a top...it appears he's been trying to extort money from the band for 8 months and they would have none of it...I hope he doesn't get a penny...he's dead to me now...I don't care what he says...I'm not a fanboy of these groups...I just like their music and when I see things like this I have little tolerance toward the individual(s) involved....

If I could speak to Lindsey I would tell him to go cry in his beer...get in the fetal position and suck on your thumb...people lose their less than glamorous jobs every day and they aren't suing anybody....he will be the laughing stock of the music industry...shocking news...the band fires somebody...alert the media:ROFLMAO:..if you are looking for "just cause" you better look for another profession..

I just like the music as well... which is why I’ll keep listening to Lindsey’s stuff and whatever the Mac puts out (it’s not like either faction has produced much music in the last 10 years). If I have to choose, though, I’m still on “Team Lindsey” (Sorry Clint 😁)

Oh...I'll still listen to the existing music he has and appreciate what he did during his tenure with the band(draws imaginary line in the sand)..but not going forward...same as I did with Roger Waters...I think he did much more than just not want to tour...he must have been like Waters was with Pink Floyd...just too toxic to work with...if you don't get along with someone in the band and then have to spend every day with them on a long tour it can be hard to deal with..especially when you are 70 years old...

If you want to support team Lindsey...that's fine...but keep in mind...there is no I in team:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back