Downloading Multichannel Music - Where To Start???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, tonight I discovered, by chance, Robert Reed’s Sanctuary 2 available for multichannel download for the very reasonable price of £7. I recently bought Sanctuary 1 on disc, but ‘2’ seemed to be unavailable.
I’m listening to it just now, and I must say, the sound quality is very, very nice. As is the music.
Anyway, I’m not sure how I discovered the site (magentashopfront.com), but I’m glad I did. I had a look around a few weeks ago at hdtracks, Qobuz and a few others, but they all seemed really expensive, with not much to offer 5.1-wise.
Does anyone know of other similar shopfront-style sites (which I guess are different from the actual download sites which I’ve mentioned), offering reasonably-priced downloads of multichannel music which is difficult to find on disc?

Unfortunately, many websites discussed in this thread simply disappeared. Google also can't help me to find websites for downloading multichannel music. Sadly.
Welcome to QQ.
A very good site to purchase and download MCH music is Homepage - NativeDSD Music
Mostly classical, lots of good jazz, a little new rock.

Welcome to QQ.
A very good site to purchase and download MCH music is Homepage - NativeDSD Music
Mostly classical, lots of good jazz, a little new rock.

And if you're into classical:, eClassical.com has tons of (mostly ambient) 5.0 mixes. Other indie classical labels like Audite feature FLAC downloads too.

As for rock & pop: hard to find--although some Bandcamp artists, like Eolian (QQ's @popshop), offer downloads indirectly via their album pages.

https://eolian.bandcamp.com/

Back