• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS Zektor Switchers

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ss9001

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
I have 2 unused Zektor 4 in/1 out component video switchers for sale. Both are perfect for remote switching quad & 5.1 audio. I used both of them for switching between my quad & 7.1 audio. The models are:

1 - HDS4.1
1- HDS4

HDS4 could be used for 4ch quad since 2 of each input jacks are for coax/opt digital. The HD4.1 can be used for full 5.1 audio since it has separate coax/opt switching. For 7.1, you can use both simultaneously, 5.1 on one, the extra 2 ch on the other, which is how I used them.

Both have the original wallwart adapters & both work perfectly. Zektor did not include a remote but you can either use a programmable remote or Zektor had a feature that with a couple button presses you can program the unit itself to any remote. I have the manuals.

Due to a gear re-configuration, I no longer have a need for them. They are very useful for switching quad gear, multiple multichannel players to a AVR that has one 7.1 input, multiple preamps, etc. There's nothing quite like them anymore for 5.1 analog audio unless you look at something like a Coleman pro audio switcher than takes balanced TRS connectors only or some low quality, manual component video or 5.1 switches like what's still available on sites like HDTV Supply. Zektors used passive relays with nothing in the signal path and had some of the highest, cleanest bandwidth for component video & analog audio.

I thought someone here was interested but apparently not anymore.

These typically go on Ebay in the ballpark of $70-100 and sometimes I've seen them at ~150. Before I put them on Ebay, I'd like to see if anyone here is interested. I'm also advertising on AVSForum, where I've been a long-time member, used to be prolific in Pioneer threads.

I'm looking at $70 for the HDS4.1 and $50 for the HDS4 + shipping but would look at an offer so I can find a home for them. Paypal is fine.

Thanks!

I got it today! Very fast shipping … 6 days ... and it arrived unscathed; in spite of the combined efforts of the US Postal Service, Canada Customs and Revenue Agency, and Canada Post. I didn't even have to pay any duty or taxes! ss9001 is a great guy to deal with. Buy his HDS4. You will not be disappointed. Thanks Steve!

I would buy the 4.0
can you send it to Germany ?
Do you accept PayPal?
Thanks
Norman

Hi Norman - I won't be available to do anything until week of Aug 27. I can then check what's involved to ship to Germany. Just to confirm - for 4.0 quad, the HDS4 will work fine; but for 5.1 it won't due to one of its 6 input/outputs being digital coax audio. If you can wait until late-August for me to investigate things, I can get back to you then on how feasible it will be & potential cost.

Back