Jethro Tull - "This Was" Steven Wilson 2.0/4.1 Remix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jt tw.jpg

The Amazon UK price has dropped to around £30 for those interested...

Yes it has..28.60 pounds at checkout for delivery to the US...which is around $37(plus whatever amazon adds)...if you already made an order at the first price just check your order to see if it dropped HERE.......Paul was on it …..amazon US

Yes it has..28.60 pounds at checkout for delivery to the US...which is around $37(plus whatever amazon adds)...if you already made an order at the first price just check your order to see if it dropped HERE.......Paul was on it …..amazon US
Woo hoo! I just placed order at Amazon UK, after all the voodoo stuff that happens when I click order, it came to EUR 28.60, or US 33.60.

Awesome!!

I'm surprised they can give you a conversion because they only charge when it is shipped -- the exchange rate no doubt changes in that time!

You are right...the currency converter is disabled until it's closer to the release date...what Gos and I do is use the current exchange rate and use it as a ballpark figure..it's never the exact amount because amazon adds some to it..

You are right...the currency converter is disabled until it's closer to the release date...what Gos and I do is use the current exchange rate and use it as a ballpark figure..it's never the exact amount because amazon adds some to it..
Ahhh! That makes sense....duh. I could never figure out why the currency converter worked on Amazon. lol

The blurb is up on the official Tull site. It says released by Rhino, I thought they were Chrysalis?

http://jethrotull.com/thiswas-50/

Chrysalis and its Parent label Parlophone have been owned by Warner Music since the great EMI divulgence in 2013, so as Rhino handles all reissues from Warner Music, they have been handling the Jethro Tull reissues for Chrysalis and Parlophone since 2013.

:)

What Steven Wilson says:

The latest remix in the series of Jethro Tull deluxe editions is the band's brilliant debut album This Was, which will be re-released upon it's 50th anniversary as a 3CD/DVD set. Pre-order here: https://rh-ino.co/thiswas50
This Was: The 50th Anniversary Edition features my remix of the original 10 track album in stereo and surround sound, as well as the classic Love Story / Christmas Song single, and 4 previously unissued out-takes mixed from the session reels for the first time. CD2 includes BBC session recordings and other bonus tracks, whilst CD3 includes the original album mix in both stereo and mono. All of this is presented in the now standard case-bound DVD book filled with an extensive history of the album, track-by-track annotations by Ian Anderson, plus rare and unseen photographs.
As the album was originally recorded on 4 track, you can imagine that creating a surround mix was a challenge. However, I believe something quite immersive was achieved (how it was done is explained in detail in the book) and I think surround fans will be pleasantly surprised how effective the mix is. Despite this, I did limit the channel assignment to only 4.1, not making use of the centre channel on this occasion. The exception is the post-album single Love Story / Christmas Song which appears in 5.1, since it was recorded on 8 track and therefore presented greater possibilities.
The 4 disc deluxe 50th anniversary edition of This Was will be released on 9th November by Parlophone / RHINO. As always this is a one-off pressing (many of the previous deluxe Jethro Tull editions are now sold out).

Chrysalis and its Parent label Parlophone have been owned by Warner Music since the great EMI divulgence in 2013, so as Rhino handles all reissues from Warner Music, they have been handling the Jethro Tull reissues for Chrysalis and Parlophone since 2013.

Aaahh, good! Cheers, I should have done my research! Nice to know they continue to be in the same safe hands :) With Stormwatch in progress too that will be the first 12 Tulls done, that's quite the milestone really so hats of to SW and all involved for sticking with it. All we need now is Benefit in a book and a fixed re-issue of TAAB with maybe some extra material, there surely must be something from the time...

Last edited:
Reactions: GOS
I wonder how good the prices will be from the US discounters.

Mike, that AmazonUK price is pretty fair and the best thing about Amazon is the ease of cancelation when US discounters ImportCD/Deep Discount publish their prices. As indicated, this will be a single pressing and at the current AmazonUK price of roughly $9 per disc [for one of the most chock~filled releases in recent memory], it's a GREAT deal.

Mike, that AmazonUK price is pretty fair and the best thing about Amazon is the ease of cancelation when US discounters ImportCD/Deep Discount publish their prices. As indicated, this will be a single pressing and at the current AmazonUK price of roughly $9 per disc [for one of the most chock~filled releases in recent memory], it's a GREAT deal.
Exactly what I did. Went ahead and pre-ordered from Amazon UK, for a very good/fair price. If it comes up "around" US 5 bucks cheaper shipped somewhere else.....I will likely bite. :)

Back