Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jmk.jpg

Poco - Cantamos (Quad)

Ummm

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ooh its great that Poco 2-fer, innit!!!! :love:

DV gets a-ROCKIN'..!!! :rocks

Listening to now in MCh (from an olde vinyle recorde thru ye olde fashioned demodulatorrrr)..

Mellow Madness - Quincy Jones

aahhhh... just how I like it on a Sunday.. so laid back its horizontal and in splendido surroundo soundo!

before you even drop the needle and hear a bar of music, the roll call of players on the album alone is impressive... Leon Ware, Minnie Riperton (*), Harvey Mason, Wah Wah Watson, Dave & Don Grusin, Chuck Findley, Toots Thielemans, Chuck Rainey, Max Bennett, Ralph McDonald.. :eek:

thankfully they've all got their sheet together, its one groovy lil' record(e).

as the song goes, "bom.. bom bom bom bom... Listen!" :LB

(*) ps. hearing that incomparable voice in "My Cherie Amour", if there's a Quad God please let DV do a Minnie Riperton 2-fer someday...!!! :whistle:

ooh its great that Poco 2-fer, innit!!!! :love:

DV gets a-ROCKIN'..!!! :rocks

Listening to now in MCh (from an olde vinyle recorde thru ye olde fashioned demodulatorrrr)..

Mellow Madness - Quincy Jones

aahhhh... just how I like it on a Sunday.. so laid back its horizontal and in splendido surroundo soundo!

before you even drop the needle and hear a bar of music, the roll call of players on the album alone is impressive... Leon Ware, Minnie Riperton (*), Harvey Mason, Wah Wah Watson, Dave & Don Grusin, Chuck Findley, Toots Thielemans, Chuck Rainey, Max Bennett, Ralph McDonald.. :eek:

thankfully they've all got their sheet together, its one groovy lil' record(e).

as the song goes, "bom.. bom bom bom bom... Listen!" :LB

(*) ps. hearing that incomparable voice in "My Cherie Amour", if there's a Quad God please let DV do a Minnie Riperton 2-fer someday...!!! :whistle:

You can't go wrong when you have Wah Wah and Toots in your corner(y)

You can't go wrong when you have Wah Wah and Toots in your corner(y)

funnily/spookily enough, Wah Wah's in every corner on one of the tracks here! "Cry Baby" is one of those daft fun pointless little Quad tracks with gratuitous but ohhhh so fabulous round the room pans! oh how I heart the likes of them, i does..!! :love:

Highly reccomend Wah Wah Watson's 1976 solo album Elementary if you're a fan of Cry Baby (there's an instrumental/talk box version on there) as well as Herbie Hancock's 1975/1976 period, as a lot of the same players are on Elementary, including Hancock himself, some of the Crusaders, and Louis Johnson from The Brothers Johnson who plays some absolutely remarkable bass on this song, my favourite one on the album:

Now that right there was funny! Are you here all week Adam?:D

ha! wasn't it a yummy idea for a David Gates SACD sandwich! :p

hopefully, short of illness or death! :ROFLMAO:

listening to now...

one of the wackiest Quads i've ever heard, the weird but totally wonderful..

Intergalactic Trot - Stardrive With Robert Mason

surround music from another dimension! :alien:

The Beatles are taken to Neptune and back.. Sly Stone was already out on Venus but this takes him higher..! far out cosmic soundz, man...!!! :smokin

ps. does Mr. Rhino know he's sitting on such a Quad gem! this deserves a new Hi-Res surround release imho.. demo material that's out of this world!

Menu item from last nite.

Led Zeppelin - How The West Was Won. Blu -ray

Fwiw , there are a fair # of tunes on this live set that have instruments in the rear channels , actually a rare thing for a live 5.1 surround disc .

Both DVDA or Blu - Ray.. I would recommend .

Attachments

• 20180707_201248.jpg
    20180707_201248.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 20180707_201330.jpg
    20180707_201330.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 20180707_201351.jpg
    20180707_201351.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 20180709_193719.jpg
    20180709_193719.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 132
Gregg Allman - All My Friends [BD]

I was enjoying this all the way through, LOVING Martina McBride (oh man, run into her anywhere and I'd be in Heaven) but wasn't on a 10'r with this enterprise until Gregg started sitting in with Jackson Browne, then others....didn't matter, it was Gregg Fuk'n Allman singing!...and sounding as good as I ever remember you, Brother.
Starting with These Days (real feelings for this song), then Melissa, Midnight Rider, and a lengthy version of Dreams + more. An old Southern Boy's version of a little heaven on Earth. Oh, & Widespread Panic kicked ass (never been on my radar, somehow).

I've mentioned before probably that I had run into Gregg a few times over the years, especially in Daytona back when, where his Mom lived. Each time I managed to NOT be an aggravating asshole full up with questions, somehow, though I was literally in awe of the man. But Gregg turned out to be a super nice dude, just a guy you'd want to hang out with you know. Can't say I really knew him well, but yet I felt a kinship of sorts. Maybe a Southern thing, cause he sorta grew up like many of us.
Miss you and Duane, Brother.

Back