New Toto Remasters (with Elliot Scheiner)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummer! Not available in the U.S. I'd really like to see that.

Ah sorry for the duff link...

It’s basically Bobby Kimball intercut with some great singing concerts saying how much better he can sing thanks to the iVoice.

As far I can make out it’s a necklace with a zipper on it?!

Be great if he could make it back one day!

:eek::eek::eek:Holy:poop:Bat:poop:Shit:poop:~$500!!! I really hope you reconsider Luk and company and release these (especially IV) as stand alone surround Blu-Rays. I'm sure most of us here are not multi-millionaires; but we are the most likely core market to really appreciate quality surround music, I have no doubt!
https://store.totoofficial.com/music/box-sets/signed-limited-edition-toto-box-set.html
They could have made this more attractive from a price standpoint if they had either done cd's OR vinyl with the rest of the goodies. No need for all that redundancy with both being included. Even though I have the 5.1 SACD, I still would have bought in at around $350 or so for a vinyl package with the BR and book. But $500? That stings a bit.

My "ALL IN" Boxset just arrived.....currently playing "TOTO IV" 5.1 disc. Is it the same mix as the original disc ? At this point i don't know ?.....but it sounds good !

As a huge fan, this is a great looking boxset. My listening weekend is sorted !!

Actually, i'm begining to think this is a new mix by ES ? Whether it's my ears, but i'm thinking sounds are more prominent, but i'll have to play the original multi channel SACD later.....

Just listening to "Afraid Of Love".....more convinced this is a new mix.

Last edited:
My "ALL IN" Boxset just arrived.....currently playing "TOTO IV" 5.1 disc. Is it the same mix as the original disc ? At this point i don't know ?.....but it sounds good !

As a huge fan, this is a great looking boxset. My listening weekend is sorted !!

Actually, i'm begining to think this is a new mix by ES ? Whether it's my ears, but i'm thinking sounds are more prominent, but i'll have to play the original multi channel SACD later.....

Not a new mix...both sources I checked verified THIS

I can't see "ALL IN" listed there ?? I'll definitely compare both later / this weekend. I definitely thought there was something clearly different with "Afraid Of Love", but i am presently multi tasking, ripping the CD'S & adding to my Sony Hi Res Walkman. :)

I don't know what "All In" is..but there are different titles for different record labels...sometimes he gets listed as a supervisor...sometimes his credits are under production....and his actual involvement on these titles vary with each job...his credits HERE are listed under production

I don't know what "All In" is..but there are different titles for different record labels...sometimes he gets listed as a supervisor...sometimes his credits are under production....and his actual involvement on these titles vary with each job...his credits HERE are listed under production

"ALL IN" is the CD / Vinyl boxset released today. Included in this is a 5.1 mix of TOTO IV, mixed by ES. ( It says, "Mixed at Sony Studio's New York. )

"ALL IN" is the CD / Vinyl boxset released today. Included in this is a 5.1 mix of TOTO IV, mixed by ES. ( It says, "Mixed at Sony Studio's New York. )

Since we are on one of my favorite topics...ES....it's time to get his agent's perspective as well as some interesting links at the bottom of this page...although the mix isn't new...you may be hearing a difference from some remastering that was done

Since we are on one of my favorite topics...ES....it's time to get his agent's perspective as well as some interesting links at the bottom of this page...although the mix isn't new...you may be hearing a difference from some remastering that was done

He has remastered all the CD's in this boxset. ( Only listened to the new CD "Old Is New", so far. Which is great ! ( Can't wait to relax this evening to listen to these new remasters. )

Yes, it's very expensive, ( £360 -80, without checking. ) but many boxsets are expensive. Being a huge fan, i don't regret the purchase, although i had to think about it. ( Not for too long though ! :D )

Do you have a turntable?....That's a big stumbling block for me...I've been buying the sets under $200 with the vinyl...and I have a lot of vinyl "coasters" o_O

I am very jealous. I'm a huge Toto fan, but not huge enough to justify to myself spending $500 on this box. I'd love to hear those remasters, so I remain hopeful that one day they'll release a CD-only version... Enjoy!

I am very jealous. I'm a huge Toto fan, but not huge enough to justify to myself spending $500 on this box. I'd love to hear those remasters, so I remain hopeful that one day they'll release a CD-only version... Enjoy!

According to their website they are, but no news of a release date yet ? ( Probably tie in with their Blu Ray "40 Trips Around The Sun", live concert release. ) Initial impressions of "Hydra" remaster. ( Yes, i should have listened in order ! ) an excellent job, probably the best i've heard their album(s) but we all know ES, is the "master".

Going back to the 5.1 disc, when i mentioned "Afraid Of Love" there's an instrumental break without any vocals, after the second verse. ( No, i'm not going mad ! ) Don't know if this is a fault, or deliberate ?

There's 3 audio options DTS-HD MA 192kHz 24-bit ( Which i'm playing / referring to. ) An "uncompressed 5.1 LPCM 192/24 layer & 2 channel uncompressed stereo layer, 192/24.

Haven't got round to playing the original SACD yet.

Back