New Toto Remasters (with Elliot Scheiner)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a screen shot of "Afraid of Love" from the SACD. (I don't have the $500 box!)

Afraid of Love.jpg

^^^

Sorry Jon, that really doesn't mean anything to me. ( I'm just playing the uncompressed layer & "Afraid Of Love", is still the same.....i've lost count how many times i've heard this song / album & don't recall a section at the begining without vocals......i must play the original SACD, when this as finished playing.

I'm also sure i can hear more prominent detail in places.....i'm wondering if this is Elliot's remaster for the CD. ( Which i haven't got round to playing yet. ) It's going to be a busy few days getting through all these CD's & the vinyl !

I'm just playing the multi channel SACD & there's definitely an instrumental section before the next line, "I like the way you move & the way you walk", on this new 5.1 disc. I assume this is deliberate & not a fault. Infact there's another instrumental section after, where there should be lead vocals.

Must play the CD, before bed.....i can confirm i'm not losing my mind ! ( YET ! )

Couldn't wait, just playing the track on remastered CD & there's no section without the vocals......so i'm begining to think this is a possible fault ?? ( As such. )

( & just to definitely confirm that i'm not going mad, the new 5.1 disc, starts at 21.09 next track starts at 26.01.....nearly five minutes....the original is 3.51 in total. Strange....)

Last edited:
So, press releases from around this time last year stated that a digital-only version (CDs, maybe the Blu-ray) of the box would be available at some point. Any movement on that front? None that I could find.

EDIT: Asked and answered, sort of, courtesy of this SHF post. An obscure listing, to be sure, but the release date is stated as May 24th.

Last edited:
I am very jealous. I'm a huge Toto fan, but not huge enough to justify to myself spending $500 on this box. I'd love to hear those remasters, so I remain hopeful that one day they'll release a CD-only version... Enjoy!

Check this out...ES worked with Toto on the remastering....POP MARKET THE MOOSE

Thank you, kindly, Clint! Pre-ordered! :LB

If I was you I would wait...although Elliot's name is used... I'm not so sure he had a lot to do with the decisions made on the mastering of the CDs.....start with post 556...you won't lose anything by waiting...I think feedback on these might help you make an informed decision....

Back