Oppo club

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay, I am now a member of the OPPO club. Just got my 103 and so far I love it. I have now also created my next home project (one of hundreds) to buy an external hard drive for it and transfer all my music and movie files to it.

I have had my Oppo BDP-95 for several years now. I am looking forward to the new "flying" (4K) Oppos they will come out with reportedly (according to this thread) next year.

I have had my Oppo BDP-95 for several years now. I am looking forward to the new "flying" (4K) Oppos they will come out with reportedly (according to this thread) next year.

With a new model out soon, the old will be out and up for sale a good opportunity to get one. These guys hold value. Even old sd models are getting top dollar. Here a cool item, tell people you spent $500.00 on a blu ray machine, and watch the face they make.

With a new model out soon, the old will be out and up for sale a good opportunity to get one. These guys hold value. Even old sd models are getting top dollar. Here a cool item, tell people you spent $500.00 on a blu ray machine, and watch the face they make.

Or $870 in Hungary :yikes .

I have always used my two 83 units for simple SACD, Blu Ray, and DVD audio playback.

I have seen posts noting that the 93 could stream ISO files from NAS units and also play SACD-R. Can the 83 do that also? Was there a certain firmware that stopped that from being an option?

Thanks for the help.

I have always used my two 83 units for simple SACD, Blu Ray, and DVD audio playback.

I have seen posts noting that the 93 could stream ISO files from NAS units and also play SACD-R. Can the 83 do that also? Was there a certain firmware that stopped that from being an option?

Thanks for the help.

The 83's can do SACD-R but no ISO support of any kind.

Thanks for the help.

The Oppo 93/95 (w/older fw) can play blu-ray and dvd ISO's from attached HDD's, but cannot stream ISO's via network as far as I know. I have all my dvd-audio collection along with blu-ray/DVD concerts ripped to ISO and play diskless via 2TB HDD's.

The only thing missing is SACD ISO play capability and a bag of chips!

The Oppo 93/95 (w/older fw) can play blu-ray and dvd ISO's from attached HDD's, but cannot stream ISO's via network as far as I know. I have all my dvd-audio collection along with blu-ray/DVD concerts ripped to ISO and play diskless via 2TB HDD's.

The only thing missing is SACD ISO play capability and a bag of chips!

My OPPO BDP-93 Blu-ray Payer plays everything ISO's (any Disc, SACD ISO, any HDD's up to 2TB with no external power and even streaming via network)

EVERYTHING with no restrictions of any kind in any video/audio format (no HD DVD disc or 4K UHD Blu-ray disc of course) with my special CUSTOM firmware. :):):) (courtesy of my beautiful Engineer/Hacker wife, I called her NEO-WOWAN, she lives with me and also in The Matrix :):):))

I love it!!!!!

Also love my trusted OPPO DV-983H Universal DVD Player (with special CUSTOM firmware from NEO-WOWAN :):):))

I will keep them both as backup players and get the OPPO UDP-203 4K UHD Blu-ray player in the future, it will be my first 4K UHD Blu-ray player.

Regards,

Last edited:
My OPPO 93 plays everything ISO's (any Disc, SACD ISO, any HDD's up to 2TB with no external power and even streaming via network)

Regards,

Being able to play sacd-r is not the same as being able to play sacd iso's. If your Oppo can do that, then it's the only one on the planet capable.

You must have a helluva network to be able to stream blu-ray and other ISO's to your OPPO!

Being able to play sacd-r is not the same as being able to play sacd iso's. If your Oppo can do that, then it's the only one on the planet capable.

You must have a helluva network to be able to stream blu-ray and other ISO's to your OPPO!

Yes, I do (courtesy of Neo-Woman)

I am the only one on the planet that is married to Neo-Woman :banana::banana::banana:

We got servers at home man.

Regards,

Anyone know where I can find, or who to put me In Touch with for CUSTOM OPPO Bdp-103 ISO firmware? Any help or clear direction would be greatly appreciated!
(US version) SACD, DVD-A, BDA ISO playback.

Joseph

PM me please, if you have any information.

Anyone know where I can find OPPO bdp-103/105 ISO firmware? Any clear direction would be greatly appreciated! (US version) SACD, DVD-A, and BDA ISOs

PM me please with any information regarding this! Thank you.

Anyone know where I can find OPPO bdp-103/105 ISO firmware? Any clear direction would be greatly appreciated! (US version) SACD, DVD-A, and BDA ISOs
As far as I'm aware, no official firmware has ever supported ISO playback and there has been no unofficial firmware to enable this. The last Oppo player to support it was the BDP-9X series, and the "feature" was disabled via an official update (because Oppo/"the industry" considered it to be a bug).

As far as I'm aware, no official firmware has ever supported ISO playback and there has been no unofficial firmware to enable this. The last Oppo player to support it was the BDP-9X series, and the "feature" was disabled via an official update (because Oppo/"the industry" considered it to be a bug).

I spoke to an Oppo tech right after the firmware update for the 980 series that disabled SACD-R playback (with no prior warning). He said it was done under pressure from Sony, who had effectively threatened to withhold licensing for SACD & Blu-Ray support for all future Oppo players otherwise. He also told me that I could send my player in and have them "revert" it to the previous version of the firmware, with the proviso that the ability to install any subsequent updates would be disabled. I passed.

Last edited:
Back